Confirmed with Link: Ivan Fedotov has arrived in Philadelphia (Goalie, 2015 draft pick); made his NHL debut (Apr. 1)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Just the Russian and English languages are very different, including the phonetics, so if for whatever reason the announcers will be willing to pronounce it closer to the Russian way they'll pretty much have to do it from scratch. I mean, in Russian even Ivan is not "EYE-van" (how I hear it most frequently in English sources), it is "ee-VAHN".
tumblr_md1jwk02Pf1qfgpl7o1_500.gif

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

Ivan Fedotov is no longer a blank slate — in more ways than one.

After a long wait — the goaltender was drafted in 2015 — Fedotov was officially introduced to Philly just 11 days ago. He made his NHL debut in relief against the Islanders and backstopped his new buddies to what could be a crucial point in the standings. On Friday he made his first NHL start in a 4-2 loss to the Sabres.

Although his numbers aren’t great (3.84 goals-against average and .850 save percentage), the Russian netminder says he is feeling more and more comfortable every day.

And part of that is thanks to his goalie mask no longer being all white. His mask, created by famed designer David Gunnarsson, aka DaveArt on social media, sports Flyers orange and black with two phoenixes rising around a Flyers logo.

“I think about the phoenix, it means a little bit about rebirth,” said Fedotov, who also noted that a phoenix is a bit of a mystery. “Tough two years for me and now a new chapter, new time for me. I think it’s a good idea to start from a new page.”

The phoenix is designed in a similar style to the eagle found on the coat of arms of Russia. The backplate, along with a slew of holographic Flyers logos, has the coat of arms of St. Petersburg, his hometown, for luck.

“Dave did great work,” Fedotov said. “I like the colors. It’s fire, the Flyers logo, and for my first mask, it’s a great job. We’ll find new ideas for future masks, but right now I like it and it’s great. I feel comfortable in this mask.”

Boocowski

Mar 31, 2024
What a disappointment he is. Really not NHL level. Sandstrom was better. Heck, Peterson was better.

[Mod edit: dont discuss mod action publicly. Refer to site rules]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BernieParent

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Did we really do this with another Goaltender?

He hasnt played a game in the NHL before
He was handled like a war prisoner for over a year (not one NHL player would play after such a year!)
He is in the USA for a few days
He played a full KHL Season before coming to the USA
He is playing behind one of the worst defenses in the nhl right now
He hasnt trained with the team more than 3 times

And because of a few bad minutes on the ice we already want him gone?

It would be so flyers to not sign him and he is going to the oilers and winning the cup next year!

I wouldnt be shocked!

Iam not saying sign him to a 3.5x 5 contract!

You have all good arguments!

Give him a proove it deal and make the next season a #1a and #1b tandem!

If Ersson and Fedotov cant raise to the occation you know you need another goaltender! We can win shit next year, as we cant this year. So test what you have!

Dont sign a stupid veteran!

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
It's kinda hard to judge him based on just coming over and being thrown into such a complete cluster-f.

The 2024 Flyers 6 decades later are emulating the 1964 Phillies. (Granted much lower stakes, but same type of collapse with the season finish line in view)

Reactions: renberg

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Did we really do this with another Goaltender?

He hasnt played a game in the NHL before
He was handled like a war prisoner for over a year (not one NHL player would play after such a year!)
He is in the USA for a few days
He played a full KHL Season before coming to the USA
He is playing behind one of the worst defenses in the nhl right now
He hasnt trained with the team more than 3 times

And because of a few bad minutes on the ice we already want him gone?

It would be so flyers to not sign him and he is going to the oilers and winning the cup next year!

I wouldnt be shocked!

Iam not saying sign him to a 3.5x 5 contract!

You have all good arguments!

Give him a proove it deal and make the next season a #1a and #1b tandem!

If Ersson and Fedotov cant raise to the occation you know you need another goaltender! We can win shit next year, as we cant this year. So test what you have!

Dont sign a stupid veteran!
hahaaa oh they are DEF. gunna sign a old ready to retire vet goalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad