Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

giphy.gif

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Trading away yet another part of what's left of the winning culture. Such a Bluesy thing to do.

Thank you Barbie. Etched forever on the Cup That Matters; there may be others, but you were part of the first and that's forever.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The Jon Hamm press box interviews with Barbie scoring are classics. The board was so excited when we were able to draft him and Fabbri with our first two picks. I remember just hammering F5 on NHL.com the second day of the draft hoping he fell just a couple more picks so we could take him. Was a lot of fun.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
Thanks for everything Barbie. Easily one of the most underrated Blues ever. Dude put it on the line every single night.

Reactions: eibyyz

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Of all the guys traded away, i think he's the most likely to return.
You’d think so but I don’t think we ever made an offer, so I don’t know. His price range could be anywhere from bargain to expensive. So who knows where he lands. He’d of gained more exposure for FA had he landed in Tampa. Not sure if Vegas has it in them to make a run.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
You’d think so but I don’t think we ever made an offer, so I don’t know. His price range could be anywhere from bargain to expensive. So who knows where he lands. He’d of gained more exposure for FA had he landed in Tampa. Not sure if Vegas has it in them to make a run.

There was a tweet from Strickland that said we told him to come back around to us. We wanted to negotiate but he wanted to go chase the playoffs. But we made it clear that we definitely wanted to talk Day 1 of free agency. It's Strickland, so take it with as many grains of salt as you deem necessary. As that is the only word we've had on whether we made an offer or not, I trust it until I hear otherwise.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
There was a tweet from Strickland that said we told him to come back around to us. We wanted to negotiate but he wanted to go chase the playoffs. But we made it clear that we definitely wanted to talk Day 1 of free agency. It's Strickland, so take it with as many grains of salt as you deem necessary. As that is the only word we've had on whether we made an offer or not, I trust it until I hear otherwise.

His agent also pushed back last week on earlier report that we hadn’t made offer.

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
I cringe about this worse than I do ROR or Tank, largely due to age. Barbie is on the short side of 30, so he still has a lot of miles left.

I wish him all the best. He came through in ways that went unnoticed by many, and sometimes in ways that couldn't be unnoticed.

Reactions: mk80 and eibyyz

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
The Jon Hamm press box interviews with Barbie scoring are classics. The board was so excited when we were able to draft him and Fabbri with our first two picks. I remember just hammering F5 on NHL.com the second day of the draft hoping he fell just a couple more picks so we could take him. Was a lot of fun.
I was in my car waiting on some service guys to get to me in line and I was SPAMMING refresh on my phone during the draft - when I saw we got him I was ecstatic. Fabbri and BBShev in the same draft just felt like things were really going our way that day.

Reactions: 542365

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
For those who weren't around or are curious to see the boards reaction, it's pretty awesome. Here's the link: 2014 NHL Draft Discussion

Reactions: Blueston

Bluesish

Embrace Mediocracy
Nov 19, 2011
Rust Belt, USA
Another important piece to our cup run gone. I loved Barbashev and what he brought to the team. It sucks to see him go but DA did the right thing and secured a decent prospect. Here's to hoping he comes back on July 1.

Reactions: Blueston

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Barbie was a great complimentary piece for this roster, and I enjoyed his contributions. That said, I'd be glad to bring back him this summer, but I'm terrified of what that contract might look like. If he wants to get the bag, I sure hope someone gives it to him, he's more than earned it considering his contracts thus far.

For those who weren't around or are curious to see the boards reaction, it's pretty awesome. Here's the link: 2014 NHL Draft Discussion
Point would've been a nice grab, especially over Letunov, looking back at that thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad