GDT: It's Way too Early to talk Pla...HEY SEVEN OUT OF EIGHT! YEAH!

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
The Team Formerly Known As the Corsicanes^ vs The Flying Blue Notes. Scotttttrade Arena, 8:00.

^ - h/t to whomever came up with this name.

It's Game #38 people. Take a deep breath before making googly eyes at the playoffs.

Still...how many of us saw this run coming? Maybe DaveG did, but he's #satin, and I'm sure he's seen the hockey Gehenna that awaits us by April.

Derpling in net tonight. And will Wal-Mark* play?

STAY TUNED.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Too early to ride Ward back to back

Agreed. Short of needing every point down the stretch or having a huge disparity in the quality of your goaltenders (which doesn't even count here IMO), I really don't like playing guys on both halves of a back to back, even if round one was a slow night. I'd even rotate in some fresh legs among the skaters whenever I could, tbh

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Every single one of us at the beginning of the season said that if this team was going to make the playoffs, Ward was going to have to have a stretch like this.

Also, Ward DOES have a stretch like this every year, and we ride him into the ground when he does, and then he sucks, and then we get mad at him.

This is a back-to-back with travel, Darling has played the Blues a lot in the past.

Not to mention, if we are really are basing it on the notion that Ward gives us the best chance to win each night, let’s save him for the several Metro games coming up in the next two weeks, where the standings impact is essentially doubled.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Wallmark should be on the 3rd line.
And you'd be taking out whom? I love Lucas Wallmark and think he is and will be a very solid player for us in the future. But right now, you can't take out Ryan. Frankly, of the Top 9, the guy who has been underperforming is Justin Williams, but I think that's just a blip. I'd put Wallmark on the 4th line and maybe let Nordy have a night's rest.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
And you'd be taking out whom? I love Lucas Wallmark and think he is and will be a very solid player for us in the future. But right now, you can't take out Ryan. Frankly, of the Top 9, the guy who has been underperforming is Justin Williams, but I think that's just a blip. I'd put Wallmark on the 4th line and maybe let Nordy have a night's rest.

Rask.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015

Another vote for Rask

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Wonder what's up with Rask. He's getting a few goals, plays defensively okay, but it's like he completely forgot how to setup any passes that lead to goals. He in the past has proven he's capable of being a pretty good playmaker, he's just doing that right now.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
/ˈæŋ.kɚ/

noun

1. (nautical) A tool used to moor a vessel to the bottom of a sea or river to resist movement.
  • 1913, Joseph C. Lincoln, chapter 10, inMr. Pratt's Patients:
    Men that I knew around Wapatomac didn't wear high, shiny plug hats, nor yeller spring overcoats, nor carry canes with ivory heads as big as a catboat's anchor, as you might say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad