It's time to loan Grigorenko to Europe

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
The Sabres just can't do the same crap with this kid anymore. The kid obviously isn't getting better in the NHL and is just getting deeper and deeper into a toxic situation that is going to have irreversible damages. Get him into a situation where he will actually grow as a player now before it is way too late.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
If you watch film of Grigo from 8 months ago to now he has most definitely gotten better. People need to hit the brakes at least for the next year or two.

We can still assign him to Rochester for 14 days and he could also play in the World Juniors which is about a month long, he can also go to Rochester once Quebecs season ends

CrankyJay

May 17, 2006
Lancaster, NY
I know he hasn't really earned it, but the kid might need some consistent linemates and minutes to develop any further. He can't go to the AHL, and I don't see him improving any more in Juniors.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
What exactly has Yak done to have a bad attitude..........

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-oilers-agent-debunks-khl-160114241--nhl.html

“I’m going to play my game,†he said. “I’m not going to change but maybe play better without the puck, or forecheck more, but I love playing with the puck. I really don’t like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift. I don’t think it’s my game.â€
Eakins said that Yakupov wasn’t scoring, and was letting that frustration poison the rest of his game, calling it a reset button. From the Journal:
“He’s young and he has so much to learn about the proper way to play the game and once he grasps that, he is going to be dangerous when he steps on the ice. The thing about these guys who have that special gift of being able to put the puck in the net, is that once it starts not going in for them in the first couple of games, it can snowball quickly the other way where they maybe start cheating for offence then maybe looking away from the defensive part of the game.â€

Many didn't like the "I'm not going to change" comments.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
What exactly has Yak done to have a bad attitude..........

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...o-be-healthy-scratch-for-second-straight-game

"I wasn't happy about it last night," said Yakupov. "You can say a million words about getting better but coach says I'm not playing, so I'm not playing.

"I'm not happy about it. I just want to play every game," Yakupov said.

I'm going to play my game ... I'm not going to change but maybe play better without the puck, or forecheck more, but I love playing with the puck. I really don't like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift. I don't think it's my game."

So a gimme the puck and not work for it mentality.

.....and thanks jimbob :)

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Here's the thing.

He was the catalyst for his line's chances last night in the 2nd with his zone entry and board work. Then he gets demoted to the 4th line for some reason and that previously impressive line suddenly generated nothing. They need to leave him be and let him play.

And I'm all for promoting Larsson from the 4th line, but not at his expense.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I've read that article to, I wouldn't read into what a 19 year old russian said to the media when he has some difficulty with the language barrier.

HockeyH3aven

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
He's getting better and better. I thought he had his best game of the season last night, the line he was centering was definitely our most effective.

He's gone from not doing very important things to not being good at very important things, which is a pretty big step forward. Just needs more experience.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
For the people that say he has gotten better...

He has been scratched two out of the last four games and also been demoted to the fourth line in the game he has played. I fail to see how he has gotten better with actions like these.

heartsabres*

The Sabres just can't do the same crap with this kid anymore. The kid obviously isn't getting better in the NHL and is just getting deeper and deeper into a toxic situation that is going to have irreversible damages. Get him into a situation where he will actually grow as a player now before it is way too late.

This is only your opinion and if Grigorenko can´t handle it now then what makes you think he is the guy once the playoffs come....sink or swim bro, sink or swim.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
He's definitely much better than he was last year. Let's see what he does when the team starts scoring more than 1 goal per game. It has to happen eventually.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
For the people that say he has gotten better...

He has been scratched two out of the last four games and also been demoted to the fourth line in the game he has played. I fail to see how he has gotten better with actions like these.

Watch his play on the ice, make your decision on 'better' from that.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I know he hasn't really earned it, but the kid might need some consistent linemates and minutes to develop any further. He can't go to the AHL, and I don't see him improving any more in Juniors.

Gifting him minutes would piss off the vets who have earned a spot in this league. It would probably disrupt the locker room creating dissent and may send the team in to a tail spin...........oh wait. You know the vets who have zero points so far too.

In all seriousness give the kid some PP time.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

Send him to an over 21 league

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
With Yakupov's comments, who loves Ristolainen's comment about not playing.

Something like

Were you upset?
"No I don't play good in Chicago and I want to earn my ice time"

I really like Risto and am really happy we got him. It is extremely difficult playing in the NHL right away as an 18 year old

captngrif

Dec 12, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Here's the thing.

He was the catalyst for his line's chances last night in the 2nd with his zone entry and board work. Then he gets demoted to the 4th line for some reason and that previously impressive line suddenly generated nothing. They need to leave him be and let him play.

Agree

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Here's the thing.

This. He's growing here, in the NHL. Rolston just needs to keep feeding him opportunities. You know, instead of scratching him every other game.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
This. He's growing here, in the NHL. Rolston just needs to keep feeding him opportunities. You know, instead of scratching him every other game.

Rolston is botching him, I gave Ruff **** for it last year but Ruff picked his spots with him so much better than this.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Watch his play on the ice, make your decision on 'better' from that.

I still see timidness, getting pushed off puck, inability to do dirty work, doesn't want to shoot (6 on season), still would rather lay off to teammate, etc. Yes he may make a couple nice entries into the zone, but that doesn't constitute him deserving a spot on the team or roster. You expect that and much more from a player in this league.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
One plus of Grig is that he is one of 4 players who have played more than 1 game on the Sabres who is not a minus player. The Pysyk/Ehrhoff pair is +3 (Ehrhoff +2 and Pysyk +1) and McCormick is even

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
The compete level was not as high last night as it was in Chicago for Grigs but I still thought he played well enough to stay in the line up.

Given the energy number 28 is bringing every shift I think it would be beneficial to keep Grigorenko on that line in order to feed off his fellow first round draft picks enthusiasm. He is going to make mistakes, I wish RR would accept that and let him play without the fear he is going to be benched for a bad pass/read here and there. If he starts to coast...then scratch him, but don't kill his creativity and don't put him in situations where he won't be successful (4th line)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad