Its time to get excited about Skyler Mackenzie

1stDan

Jan 6, 2018

Over 1 point per game in the dub

I know Petan was super impressive In that league as well. But something about the way this kid plays and the way he scores has me pretty excited.

*Whoops spelling in title *

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He has been one of my dark horse prospects. I like his abilityvtonfund the soft spots a round the net and his quick release allows him to capitalize. I am very interested in seeing how he adapts to the pro game next season.

1stDan

Jan 6, 2018
He's a good prospect but let's not get ahead of ourselves. I want to see how it goes in the A first
Lol I know.

I'm reserved on most of these kids. But he gets me pretty pumped for some reason.

Reactions: csk

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg

Over 1 point per game in the dub

I know Petan was super impressive In that league as well. But something about the way this kid plays and the way he scores has me pretty excited.

*Whoops spelling in title *

Looks more like a highlight reel for Glass ;) But McKenzie certainly looks like an energy player with a good shot.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
moose should be an interesting team to watch this year. lots of prospects working their way through the system now.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Spent the first half of the video impressed with how that #8 is all over the ice and in every hilight...then I realized it's Cody Glass...Jets should go get him...he's good.

He is actually smaller than Petan, in the Moose goal they're standing beside each other...yikes.

I like the kid though, he definitely gets open and isn't afraid to attack the net. I loved the drop kick to the goalie's head on that one goal, that was pretty sweet.

Hopefully he has a rookie season with the Moose like Roslovic and Appleton have had in the past couple years.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
I have seen everyone one of Skyler's games the last two years and I can tell you he will not be a NHL player. As mentioned he benefited from playing with Cody Glass. So many of his goals were a result of finishing a pass from Glass into a virtual empty net. He would never get that time to finish like that in the NHL. He just doesn't have the skill set of a NHL player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad