Buffalo Bills It's the Off-Season. Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

This is why I am not a fan of the idea that the Bills should give up 3 or 4 1st and 2nd round picks to go up and get one of the top 3 WRs in this class.

And while I don't like the idea of trading future picks, getting both BTJ and Worthy...

There's also this although the methodology isn't exactly a great way of grading hit/miss.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Or, you view them as your two primary boundary WRs for the next 4+ years with Shakir in the slot.
They signed Samuel for three years to a reasonably sized contract & Kincaid is going to be playing a decent percentage of his snaps in the slot.

There isn't room for everyone.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

This is why I am not a fan of the idea that the Bills should give up 3 or 4 1st and 2nd round picks to go up and get one of the top 3 WRs in this class.

And while I don't like the idea of trading future picks, getting both BTJ and Worthy...

It just requires patience, since most of those guys didn't come anywhere close to their peak in their first year. This means maybe taking a hit on the 2024 season to help us in future years, which I think is smart...I hope Beane has the balls to be patient.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
They signed Samuel for three years to a reasonably sized contract & Kincaid is going to be playing a decent percentage of his snaps in the slot.

There isn't room for everyone.
BTJ
Worthy
Samuel
Shakir
Hollins

There is room for two more WRs.

And Samuel got a similar contract here that JJSS got in NE. He's a decent veteran WR. But, he did not get a WR1 or even a WR2 FA contract.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
BTJ
Worthy
Samuel
Shakir
Hollins

There is room for two more WRs.

And Samuel got a similar contract here that JJSS got in NE. He's a decent veteran WR. But, he did not get a WR1 or even a WR2 FA contract.
There isn't room for two more STARTING WRs. One starter & one backup / STer? Sure...

Samuel played >70% & >50% snaps in his two healthy seasons in Washington. And he played >60% during Brady's season in Carolina. He's clearly not been signed as a bit part player.

Factor that, factor them playing 12 formation with Knox/Kincaid... There isn't room for two guys to come in to both play a large chunk of snaps.

Reactions: buffalowing88

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
If they are really high on Troy Franklin as some suggest, we may see a trade back to pick up some more picks. Unless there is a huge run on WRs before the bills pick, he is likely sitting there in the 40s.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
There isn't room for two more STARTING WRs. One starter & one backup / STer? Sure...

Samuel played >70% & >50% snaps in his two healthy seasons in Washington. And he played >60% during Brady's season in Carolina. He's clearly not been signed as a bit part player.

Factor that, factor them playing 12 formation with Knox/Kincaid... There isn't room for two guys to come in to both play a large chunk of snaps.

Agree entirely with this sentiment. I'm not too concerned if we trade back and get a Day Two WR that Beane thinks fills the glaring hole we have in terms of a vertical threat. We are pretty much covered with the slot/over-the-middle stuff.

Kincaid, Samuel, Cook, and to some extent Shakir all are guys who are going to get the short/mid-range throws.

Other than Hollins, we don't have a vertical threat/big guy for jump balls and that's all I care about. Drafting two WRs to "start" would be redundant and a waste of resources.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
My personal favorites for sticking at 28 or acquiring via a small trade up to mid/early 20s (in order of preference):
DeJean
BTJ
JPJ
Worthy/Ladd. This was somewhat of a toss-up; feels like the Bills would lean toward wanting the speed guy for something different than what they already had.
Chop Robinson

Gut feeling says they don't like AD Mitchell with his propensity for playing at 70% speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad