Its the Bash PK Show at 98,5 tonight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
That Mario Tremblay though... If everything hes the one acting like a monkey.

I'm so disapointed with Ron, hes doing an entire show and calling everybody from the media just because PK had 1 bad game, not a season 1 game. Iv never heard him do that when Price had 1 bad game.

And why does he have to ask if Price is the best player at the end of each interview? Like whats the connection, everybody knows Price is having a better season why do they need to aknowledge it every 30 mins? How is it relevant..

Ridiculous

Analyzer*

Meh. To do it so much is a waste.

PK plays bad games and takes selfish penalties more often than people think, but it shouldn't be new and shouldn't be battered with over and over again.

Saintpatrick*

The French media is really piling on, it really is disgusting.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I didn't listen to the show so I have no idea what they are saying.

But PK isn't as good as he was last season. Can't deny that.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I'm a Qcois myself, and I believe I am a proud one at that, but having a lot of family (We're talking hundreds of person in my "a bit more extended" familly (Familly of 11 on one side and 6 on the other, myself having one brother and one sister.) and I can wholehearthedly agree with that statement. It's something that is bred thick in the popular culture and is quite taboo to bring up, but it does exist.

I don't believe this is what is happening in this thread, though.

Not only is it unrelated to this thread, but quebecers aren't any more racist than any other nations out there.

SlappyHabby

Jun 11, 2014
The hell is this pile of ****? Québec is where women rights started, where almost all foreigners go too, PK is the most sold jersey and a god to the kids here.

I think he was probably making reference to the older generation of Québécois, many of whom do harbor such thoughts sadly, and the likes of Tremblay and Fournier fall into that age bracket.

With that said, I am not accusing either man of being racist, my own belief is that both of them just felt like piling on PK because at his price tag, he is the easiest target for the media whenever he has a clunker of a game.

And frankly, this would be the case in any major sports city, so color me unsurprised to hear that two sportscasters decided to rip into a highly paid star player who had an off-night.

A tempest in a teacup this story is, nothing more.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Québécois are surrounded by Anglo culture in the USA and RoC, so maybe they seem more jingoist. Sort of like Korea re China and Japan. It's more defense than offense.

Anyway that local players are afforded more forgiveness is common in sports entertainment, so DD for example is a star on RDS etc. Put in a broader perspective, PK is heavily booed in many arenas if people want to suggest racism there's also that.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
So ridiculous to have people on here say such stupid things when PK is the most acclaimed and loved habs player by the fans in town, on par with Price.

But we're a bunch of racists.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Not only is it unrelated to this thread, but quebecers aren't any more racist than any other nations out there.
It is unrelated for sure.

To propose that xenophobic behavior is not correlated to some area of the world is a ridiculous thought.
So ridiculous to have people on here say such stupid things when PK is the most acclaimed and loved habs player by the fans in town, on par with Price.

But we're a bunch of racists.

I don't think this is a good argument you're making... Older Québécois people are a lot more xenophobic than you seem to think. Unless my family is by all means an unique occurence, then sorry.

SlappyHabby

Jun 11, 2014
Both these comments are more prejudiced than anything Fournier said tonight.

SMH...

Come again?

To deny the fact that a certain number of the older generations of Québécois are not racist is quite simply untrue, whether you care to admit it or not. I really do not see what is offensive about my statement anyway, for it is generally acknowledged by most people I have known (and from my own observations above all else) that large segments of previous generations grew up in a semi-segregated environment where acceptance and openness towards other cultures and races was not as common as it is today.

This is a global phenomenon, not a uniquely Québécois one, so your reaction to my comment was more out of emotion than any real analysis of my statement and the underlying social realities of the time and era the older generations come from. Was everybody racist back then? Of course not, but to pretend that folks were more open-minded and accepting in previous eras as opposed to today is a ridiculous argument to put forth.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Ok you guys are really going off road here. I really dont think this is a racism issue tsn were also bashing him

Fournier is an old fart.

Tremblay is an idiot.

You cant really expect much from these 2 guys At this stage of their lifes.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
My grand parents (89 & 91), habs fans since they were born, absolutely love PK. Go to the bible belt if you want to see what real xenophobic people are all about.

I don't need to go there, because I've seen it here in many cases. You can't base your argument around your two grand parents :laugh: The whole agenda behind TQS, TVA, JDM and their predecessors have always been subtly xenophobic and a lot of Quebecers are easily influenceable (Like everywhere, there's a lesser educated portion of the society that is) by these medias and sadly, it's ingrained in them.

SlappyHabby

Jun 11, 2014
My grand parents (89 & 91), habs fans since they were born, absolutely love PK. Go to the bible belt if you want to see what real xenophobic people are all about.

Not that I disagree, but the irony of you making such a comment and yet being offended by some of the comments in this thread is most amusing.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Both these comments are more prejudiced than anything Fournier said tonight.

SMH...

A few weeks ago Ron went on the record saying winning shouldn't be the organization's priority. He'd rather they focus on having des gars de chez nous playing prominent roles. He literally said he doesn't want to win a cup with a bunch of Russians, I wonder how he feels about black superstar defensemen?

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Meh. To do it so much is a waste.

PK plays bad games and takes selfish penalties more often than people think, but it shouldn't be new and shouldn't be battered with over and over again.

The thing is PK didn't even take selfish penalty--it was to stick up for a teamate. I bet you bruins fans who heard PK did something awful and then saw the clip were like "our guys go after other guys all the time when one of our guys gets a cheap shot, what's the big deal?"

Did you see the hit on Markov that pissed PK off?

No doubt it was stupid to do what he did in front of the refs. But Pacioretty took a selfish retaliation penalty after he got hit clean that wasn't exactly hidden from the refs and nobody's talking about that.

SlappyHabby

Jun 11, 2014
A few weeks ago Ron went on the record saying winning shouldn't be the organization's priority. He'd rather they focus on having des gars de chez nous playing prominent roles. He literally said he doesn't want to win a cup with a bunch of Russians, I wonder how he feels about black superstar defensemen?

Fournier is a perfect example of a man stuck living in the past, wishing for the glory days of les glorieux when it was comprised mainly of good ol' home grown and pure laine Québécois fellas winning cups left and right.

He, like many people his age, is a relic of the past who hasn't adapted to the present, and frankly its no big deal as I expect him and most people that age to feel that way. We who are still in our 20s/30s (I'm 32) will grow old one day too, and while racism is not something most of us wil get accused of, chances are we'll complain and say things that other people will consider annoying or offensive as well in our old age.

The old complain about the present and the young while pining for the past, the young complain about the old while looking forward to the future, and those stuck in the middle complain about both while being too focused on the present to worry about either the past or the future.

And so goes the cycle of life....

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
At the beginning of the century, I was an analyst for the biggest advertising firm in Montreal. We then work with extensive sociological surveys that would help the firm clients better understand the markets they were trying to penetrate.

With the data at our disposal and in terms of social values, Quebec was one of the most liberal and progressive state in North America (and far away from xenophobia on the cultural map). I don't think it has changed very much.

Exemple of data : http://www.ppforum.com/sites/default/files/michael_adams.pdf (see slide 6, 23 and 26, it's a ppt but I havent keep the raw data, it's all I could find)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad