Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Exactly... but in all fairness he pretty much already is. JR CANNED.....HEX CANNED... What sane man would take this job when your HC will undermine every decision?

I'd take the job and I would bet my life savings that I could make Sully cry publicly.
With or Without going to prison for Assault?

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Rob Rossi, who is never right about anything and has never broken a story in his life, went out of his way to report that the people reporting this rumor last night were dead wrong.
The biggest doofus in Pittsburgh though Kingerski is now giving him a serious run for his money

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Oh how I love the collective knowledge of these boards sometimes. People want to bitch just to bitch. Sullivan is here until the new GM decides if he wants to keep him or not. Sullivan is just assisting in keeping things running in the meantime. This is pretty standard shit guys. Come on now.

The new GM may decide to keep him, and at that time you can bitch till your hearts content. Until then just chill the f*** out.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Oh how I love the collective knowledge of these boards sometimes. People want to bitch just to bitch. Sullivan is here until the new GM decides if he wants to keep him or not. Sullivan is just assisting in keeping things running in the meantime. This is pretty standard shit guys. Come on now.

The new GM may decide to keep him, and at that time you can bitch till your hearts content. Until then just chill the f*** out.
If it was a formality, it wouldn't have been written into the statement.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Deck chairs on the titanic. Doesn't matter who they bring is as GM. Whatever players are brought in will be misused. Offensive talent will play on checking lines with high DZone starts, and grinder tweeners will be stapled to Sid/Geno.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Rob Rossi, who is never right about anything and has never broken a story in his life, went out of his way to report that the people reporting this rumor last night were dead wrong.

Rossi also complained about local reporters passing wild speculation off as legitimate reportage, which was hilarious coming from him.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Sully has a contract that is just kicking in. He wasn’t going anywhere. This is still good news.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
If it was a formality, it wouldn't have been written into the statement.
He's still employed by the team dude. He's going to keep doing his job until told otherwise. Just about every coach is kept until the GM decides on keeping them or not. This isn't something new or groundbreaking.

Reactions: Still Apps

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh

Seriously. This is good news. But people don’t want it to be.

Reactions: ericstrat1

Bnat66

May 10, 2017
New Jersey
Hope you're all ready for Sully's hand-picked puppet to bring back Mark Jankowski for a return trip.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ugene Magic

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Deck chairs on the titanic. Doesn't matter who they bring is as GM. Whatever players are brought in will be misused. Offensive talent will play on checking lines with high DZone starts, and grinder tweeners will be stapled to Sid/Geno.
That's just absolutely ludicrous to say. The GM is the one who gave a f*** ton of useless garbage to the coach. Sure the coach misused that garbage, but he also won 2 Stanley Cups. Lets not act like he's the worst coach in the league either. God damn recency bias.

Reactions: ericstrat1

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Lol based on what is this the case?

This is going to be exactly like the situation where Hextall took over for JR. The Penguins aren't going to hire a GM that's going to fire Sullivan. FSG loves him.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

You know damn well they will consult him during the interview process. Hell, he will probably give them names of people to interview. You are a fool if you honestly believe there is a chance in hell Sully won’t be back next season.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Lol based on what is this the case?

This is going to be exactly like the situation where Hextall took over for JR. The Penguins aren't going to hire a GM that's going to fire Sullivan. FSG loves him.
Thanks for the insightful response. I didn't know we had an insider here on these boards.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
NO the Ownership group loves him dimwit
obviously you too. I like the guy, I just think he has done nothing, absolutely nothing to get best out of this team. I would be curious to hear from you what has he done right in the last 4 years (and I could list some things here). When you blow a dozen third period leads, there is something about preparation, physical and mental training, strategy also if you will, when your special teams are not working the way should be working, thats coaching, I mean do you really really think he has done good job managing this roster.

Reactions: TNT87 and Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad