OT - NO POLITICS It's Spring!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I got my autograph from the Bruins Fansgiving contest.

And who was it?

Drumroll......

PASTA!

I genuinely didn't believe I was getting him. I was convinced I was getting Anton Stralman. This is so great. I never win anything. Going to put it in a frame soon!
20230406_172013.jpg

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
To be fair, he of First Nations descent, so that's why his name is that.

I met him once in Prov. Really nice guy!
Yes I recall that and some of the backstory. Having sad that, being first nation or otherwise naming your kid after a cartoon character is a bit out of bounds and I don't see how you can tie that back to being native american/first nation. And I do recall he was a genuine good kid from all accounts.

Reactions: Mione134

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Random question - in NESN broadcasts lately I've noticed Jack Edwards pronouncing the car company Nissan as 'Nee-san'. Is that normal in New England? I've only ever heard it pronounced anywhere else with the 'Niss' sounding like 'miss'

Weirdly it's the opposite with Hyundai - Jack doesn't pronounce the 'y' at all, but Aussies do.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Random question - in NESN broadcasts lately I've noticed Jack Edwards pronouncing the car company Nissan as 'Nee-san'. Is that normal in New England? I've only ever heard it pronounced anywhere else with the 'Niss' sounding like 'miss'

Weirdly it's the opposite with Hyundai - Jack doesn't pronounce the 'y' at all, but Aussies do.

Not just New England, both are standard American pronunciations, and are heard on national as well as regional ads.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Not just New England, both are standard American pronunciations, and are heard on national as well as regional ads.

Thanks. Yeah I knew the Hyundai pronunciation - have heard that in US ads etc. in the past. But for whatever reason Nissan had previously escaped my notice. Much as it sounds odd to my ears, the 'Nee' is actually much closer to the proper Japanese way of saying it, so can't argue against it!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Oi. Too many bud lights in celebration of my cousin's 50th trip around the sun and our boys doing what our boys do.
I find Liquid IV helps. I get the Acai flavor because it tastes pretty neutral compared so some of the other flavors. I will put 1 packet in 20 oz of water and drink before bed followed by a motrin.

It definitely helps and I'll have another packet in 24oz of water over the course of a few hours. The more hydrated I stay, the better I feel.

• Love
Reactions: LSCII and NeelyDan

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Most accurate airport welcome video ever made

I could go on all day with stories about Pearson.….Almost got myself detained there once. One of those yellow-vested schmucks once asked me “Do you think I’m here for my pretty face?” to which I replied….”I honestly have no idea what you are here for, but it’s most definitely not that.”

I probably would have got away with it, if they guy behind me in the customs line didn‘t burst out laughing….Not proud of that, but I don‘t regret doing it either.

I always tried to fly into Bishop, whenever possible. Loved Porter Air direct from Chicago Midway. Flight attendants wore these awesome old school uniforms with the pill box hats….

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: caz16

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
You have to be really f***ed up to swat a major university. That is the unofficial word at OU but they are still investigating.

My sister is home and safe and at this point that is all that matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad