OT - NO POLITICS It's Spring!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
That's like going to Boston and judging on the Logan Hilton.

There's over 50 7,000+ foot peaks within an hour of town, Mt Charleston is 30 minutes away and 11,500 feet, Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire, etc. Plus its a great central point for the big National Parks. 2.5 hours to Zion, 3.5 hours to Bryce, 4 hours to Grand Canyon, 5 hours to Yosemite, 1.5 hours to Death Valley, 5 hours to Sequoia.

Plus an overabundance of great golf
I go every year with the same group for golf. Have played Paiute the past couple of years. Would play that course very time I'm there and I'd be happy.

Bleached

🚀
Oct 3, 2018
Not something to really worry about. This is the tech version of razor blades in apples around Halloween.
I disagree. Anything they can make money on, they will be doing as much as they can.

I use a charging only cable, or cut the data lines on a normal charging cable.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I disagree. Anything they can make money on, they will be doing as much as they can.

I use a charging only cable, or cut the data lines on a normal charging cable.

Modern day Android and iOS require you to change from charge only to allow data access when plugging in. If you're plugging into a charge station and it's asking to establish a data connection it would be a dead giveaway.

People who use these exploits target big fish. It would be a waste to develop an exploit that works to only then target a handful of nobodies and then it gets patched out. Not too long ago this was brought up in LA and when they were pressed they admitted there were no actual confirmed reports of it happening IIRC.

If you aren't a somebody these things aren't anything to worry about.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Took hours but my phone is restored. What a racket but at the same time, freeing. Now I can’t be reached after hours unless someone has my cell number.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I mean to each their own but you were really sketched out about that?
I was pissed because I was trying to respond to texts from my mom and very pregnant sister and whatever security app I downloaded from work kept freezing my phone for 30-40 minutes.

And yes, I’ve had people bother me for at 8pm before and got into a vicious cycle of always being available. It’s something I’ve been working on for the past 6 months.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I was pissed because I was trying to respond to texts from my mom and very pregnant sister and whatever security app I downloaded from work kept freezing my phone for 30-40 minutes.

And yes, I’ve had people bother me for at 8pm before and got into a vicious cycle of always being available. It’s something I’ve been working on for the past 6 months.
Oh my bad. I thought you were referring to the stupid phone leak thing

Bleached

🚀
Oct 3, 2018
Modern day Android and iOS require you to change from charge only to allow data access when plugging in. If you're plugging into a charge station and it's asking to establish a data connection it would be a dead giveaway.

People who use these exploits target big fish. It would be a waste to develop an exploit that works to only then target a handful of nobodies and then it gets patched out. Not too long ago this was brought up in LA and when they were pressed they admitted there were no actual confirmed reports of it happening IIRC.

If you aren't a somebody these things aren't anything to worry about.
All true, but it doesn't stop me from worrying about some zero day that may exist.

One of the easiest ways to protect yourself is to reboot your phone every couple of days. It is relatively easy to get malware into your phone, but it is much more difficult to make it survive a reboot.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
All true, but it doesn't stop me from worrying about some zero day that may exist.

One of the easiest ways to protect yourself is to reboot your phone every couple of days. It is relatively easy to get malware into your phone, but it is much more difficult to make it survive a reboot.

You can worry about whatever you like. Parents still worry their kids are getting free drugs while trick or treating.

Doesn't change the fact that the chances of it happening are slim to none. This exploit was mentioned as far back as 2011 and yet there are no reported cases that I can find of it actually happening. Vulnerabilities are patched out constantly. If someone has a working unpatched "juice jack" hack in 2023 they aren't going to waste it on Joe Shmoes at the subway station. It is way more valuable than that.

The day there's actually a verified report of it happening is the day I'll worry about it. Especially when its much easier to just spam out 50k emails and get a couple hundred people to click your link that leads to your exploit.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
That's like going to Boston and judging on the Logan Hilton.

There's over 50 7,000+ foot peaks within an hour of town, Mt Charleston is 30 minutes away and 11,500 feet, Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire, etc. Plus its a great central point for the big National Parks. 2.5 hours to Zion, 3.5 hours to Bryce, 4 hours to Grand Canyon, 5 hours to Yosemite, 1.5 hours to Death Valley, 5 hours to Sequoia.

Plus an overabundance of great golf
Oh that desert beauty. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad