It's Official

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
What good is getting smashed by the Knights in round one?
Pretty much my thinking as well. Massive roster overhaul is needed for this team to be a true contender. Otherwise, righting the ship as the roster is currently constructed will just mean getting destroyed by VGK or COL in round 1.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Welp, that's the easy part of our schedule all done by the looks of it. Going forward, we now get a nice combo of excellent to very good teams. Should be a piece of cake.:D

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Might as well say we're in last place. We may have a game in hand, but heavy odds are that we lose it anyhow, and now the Sharks have beaten us.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm not so sure it was Vegas which "broke" them as some people lament.

I think it was the opening night asskicking...didn't matter who the other team was. Getting both goalies lit up, poor defense, poor everything. Getting obliterated shellshocked the hell out of them after all the "rah rah rah" talk and that beating got in their heads and stayed there.

Last edited:
Reactions: ConnorNova0929

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
Playoff revenue baby.

I would even argue that above playoff revenue, would be STH renewals. If the Oilers make the playoffs, then there will likely be a high % of renewals. If they don't, I could see people giving up their seats in droves. This I would argue, is even more valuable to the org than a few playoff gates. Playoff revenue is just gravy.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I still say we're the worst team in the NHL because, like 2010, we have by far the worst goaltending in the league & the biggest issue with that is the players know it.

It's not even close.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
I'm not so sure it was Vegas which "broke" them as some people lament.

I think it was the opening night asskicking...didn't matter who the other team was. Getting both goalies lit up, poor defense, poor everything. Getting obliterated shellshocked the hell out of them after all the "rah rah rah" talk and that beating got in their heads and stayed there.
Yes. That was the start.
I think it was changing the defensive system that took years to instill. Broke what we had. Some of the boys will take a whole season to figure it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad