It's Official: Sportsnet's Hockey Coverage Sucks!

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
NHL Preview Show was certainly underwhelming -- only highlight was Strombo. The rest was amaturish and dripping with self-importance. It's going to be a long season.

You needed to watch the preview show, to realize Sportsnet is a 3rd rate network? The same company that gave Kypreos and John Shannon a job?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Not that I think they'll do a good job, but it's their first year under a full coverage. They're not going to match TSN in their first year.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
They have all the same people, it's not going to get any better, hopefully the production is better but the rest won't be. Not only that they hired the idiots from cbc. They should of just hired the tsn guys, threw some money at them. Strombo will be the only difference

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I was sitting at a restaurant, and one of the TVs was tuned in to SN. I saw Healey and co. sitting around some strategy table. It was a really corny looking setup.

general schwartzkopf

Jan 2, 2006
ya its gonna be a looooooong 12 years. anyways, I started watching their season/team review last night and after watching for 5 minutes, I switched over to TSN. there's a lot turdburglers on that channel, but Mclean is the biggest baffon of 'em all, imo.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Bunch of 20-30 somethings? Yeah, swearing has to be allowed. There is no other way. To censor or not to censor, that is the question.

I'd seriously look into how much it costs to book studio time. If it's not too expensive and five others would be down to work a weekly podcast (likely on the weekend) and split the cost six ways, it would be fun.

i would watch your podcast, and if you set up a donation type thing, i'm sure some people would donate small fees.

would be fun to see it grow, or fail. either way, fun.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
NHL Preview Show was certainly underwhelming -- only highlight was Strombo. The rest was amaturish and dripping with self-importance. It's going to be a long season.

Didn't watch it and I worry about Strombo's fortitude with that group...
Look what RDS/AC did for Vinny.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bunch of 20-30 somethings? Yeah, swearing has to be allowed. There is no other way. To censor or not to censor, that is the question.

I'd seriously look into how much it costs to book studio time. If it's not too expensive and five others would be down to work a weekly podcast (likely on the weekend) and split the cost six ways, it would be fun.

Too bad I'm provinces away but that'd be pretty great content with the right people

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

You mean like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O1xNUoOzlM

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I'm sorry but CBC's cast needed to be axed entirely for SN to have any hope. Instead, they paved the way for those idiots to continue having jobs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad