GDT: It's Deadline Day!

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Is this better for us than picking in 2025?
It's unprotected and it's possible, albeit unlikely, that the Golden Knights fall off by that point giving the Flames a solid lottery ticket.

Could end up being the Flames equivalent of what the Duchene trade was to the Avs (Byram) or the Karlsson trade to the Sharks (Stutzle)

Reactions: joescores

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
It's unprotected and it's possible, albeit unlikely, that the Golden Knights fall off by that point giving the Flames a solid lottery ticket.

Could end up being the Flames equivalent of what the Duchene trade was to the Avs (Byram) or the Karlsson trade to the Sharks (Stutzle)
Ah so 2025 was top 10 protected? OK, looks promising then.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Vegas is still going to be good in 2026 lol they’ll just have traded their 2027 and 2028 1sts by then to stay good. Smart move by both them and San Jose to do it for the 2025 as it hurts us the most by sliding the pick and we’re all in the same division

Not sure why that condition was there in the first place

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
there must be something in the queue as there hasn't been an all done message sent yet.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Vegas is still going to be good in 2026 lol they’ll just have traded their 2027 and 2028 1sts by then to stay good. Smart move by both them and San Jose to do it for the 2025 as it hurts us the most by sliding the pick and we’re all in the same division

They're going to have 0 depth, minimal prospects and they're gonna fall like Tampa. All of Theodore, McNabb & Hill have their deals up by then. Machessault, Chandler and Martinez are up this summer.

The 2025-26 season could very easily be pretty rough for them. It won't be a top 5 pick, but I can see them missing the playoffs

User1996

Jun 24, 2020

I wouldn’t be certain. Look at the age of all their key pieces, who are already commonly hurt.

They were essentially gifted a bunch of valuable assets when they first came into the league that they did very well to turn into an incredible roster.

I don’t think they can replace what they will be losing as cap casualties, and regression from key pieces with two firsts.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Vegas’ cap shenanigans will catch up with them. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’ll feel a crunch even if the cap should rise a lot.

Also very unlikely that they re-sign Hanifin now. This was a good trade

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
If Vegas is a lottery team in 2026 I’ll gladly eat my hat but I’m quite sure them being in the wild card this year is the highest that pick is going to be over the next 3 seasons

Hope I’m wrong but I don’t see it at all

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
You guys should really like Oak Tree! He beat the shit out of Fitzgerald's son in the AHL then was traded lol. Real physical player with some sneaky offensive upside even though he hasn't produced much, still not a grenade handler, can make a solid first pass. I loved him in NJ

Last edited:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Re-signed Rooney lmao. 1.3x1
He isn’t worth that. 1 goal and 0 assists in 13 games and is still a terrible possession player. Ik he’s “looked” better this year, but that ain’t saying much.

Fine if he’s the top or second line wranglers centre, but he isn’t (or at least shouldn’t be) a regular nhler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad