Post-Game Talk: It's been one hell of a ride, boys. One HELL of a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Still pissed they kept Simon in the lineup, he was an albatross even before his Game 5 penalty. He killed that top line. They didn't have to cover him and they smothered Sid and Jake after that.

The fact they kept mentioning Sprong in pressers and never actually used him just floors me. Maybe he sucked in practice...I don't know, I'm not there, but dammit, try something to get some depth scoring going. Sprong is a guy that makes room for his linemates because you have to respect his shot.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Murray, Kessel, Brassard, Rust, Letang all big disappointments. Definitely seemed like they missed Bonino, Cullen, and Cole as well. Something definitely missing this year. Can't complain with back to back cups though. With the right moves could be right back at it next year.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
he made zero, literally zero effort to skate back
He was nowhere close to any position to make it back to break it up. It would have just gassed him for no reason. There were 3 Penguins due to circumstances much closer making the chase. Unless Crosby is 4 times faster than everyone.

That goal is 75% on Letang, 10% on Murray, and maybe 5% on Sid and the rest shared.

He reached for a puck, and the Caps pounced on him, as they did all game. Penguins couldn't make crisp passes all game, Caps played a suffocating trap.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
My bad didn’t realize the only options were to give up a goal 5 hole or leave the net open.

Explain to me how you slide across the crease with enough speed to keep up with Kuzy at full speed and keep yoyr pads together?

It is insanity to blame Murray on that goal. Give me a break.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
lLmK5K9.png
cq68dqQ.gif
K8iz99v.png

There's a lot to be happy about the last 3yrs, but there's also a lot to be angry about, but tonight, I will choose to be angry so f*** you guys for trying to make me feel bad for being angry, I'm mad god damn it. Letang cost us games, Murray shut the door down after that weak goal and we lost 2-1, but Letang making another bone headed play cost us, again. What is that, 3 times now?

The players should be angry. Letang and his cap hit can gtfo.

Caps fans reading this, we're not mad you beat us, we're mad our own player f***ed us. Congrats on finally slaying the dragon.

Last edited:

Yuri35

Mar 11, 2018
Tip of the cap to Washington, honestly. I thought they wanted it more. They had ZERO pressure and they actually lived up to it. Never folded and never gave up.

Major tip of the cap for the Washington Capitals. I thought they were the better team.
Wouldn't agree with the fact they had zero pressure.
If anything, it was them who had the greater one after so many years of choking while Pens were winning cups for fun.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
The playoffs went like their season. Wildly inconsistent, frequently lazy and bad to watch far too often.
this is exactly what everyone here was saying. All in all, I knew this was coming after game 3. And then game 5 repeats the same thing again. And, you can see it coming down the pipe. I am happy for the two cups.

I will say this though: part of the issue i believe was hubris. they thought that they didn't have to develop awareness and disciplined defending. The results speak for themselves. It's just sad for the guys like Dumo that worked their tail off. So disappointed in Rust and Sheary though

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
How many breakaways and odd man rushes were yielded during this series? Has to be upwards of 10-15 right?

Tough to win hockey games when you are continually giving the opposition high quality scoring chances on a silver platter.

This defense core was one of the worst in years. It's clear that Cole's services should have been retained at minimum.. and JR should have acquired acquired a D-man at the deadline instead of Brassard.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Letang must go. He’s a piece of shit dman. He’s always been a piece of shit. He needs to go now

Reactions: PENSFAN234

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
I love how people are talking smack about Sid..

This shit is f***ing funny..

Sid and Jake carried this team with Dumoulin and Hornqvist..

It’s many players to blame than him..
Like Brassard, Sheary and Coaching staff bad decisions..

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Literally the only part that hurts is how poorly they played against such a weak Caps lineup.

But hey, two and a half years ago the team was for sale and the franchise was a dramatic disappointment.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Sid could never win another playoff series for the rest of his career and he'd still go down as a top 5 player of all time. Any cups the Pens get for the rest of his time here are 100 percent gravy. I can't even be mad, except a little at Letang.

Reactions: Beau Knows

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
it was a good run. hoping for a Tampa and Vegas/Nashville final because f*** the Caps and f*** the Jets.

oh and they don't have to trade Letang but IMO he MUST be available for the right offer.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I still want to comment about the game and the series, however anything negative that I have to say is way overshadowed by appretiation I have for this club...we should have tried some fresh legs the last 10-15 games of the season some of theyounger guys could have helped just with the speed and juice, our second tier guys were just used up

Reactions: Andy99

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Hell of a run. Upset at the moment but it's already fleeting. Cant win them all.

Back to Backs cups and the 2nd round in the 3rd year.

This team has alot to fix for next yrs run.

No. Thats what they cant do. Injuries ruined this season. We have most of the lineup coming back. You add to it..get better depth in case you have injuries again. But no drastic moves ruining team chemistry again.

Let these guys come back and make up for this.

I will be pissed if Sprong starts off nezt season on a tear tho. He was ready now.and could.have helped us. Rather him be traded at this point.

And Sullivan should be on a short leash if we blow these next two seasons. Dont waste the rest of this era because he won two. Yeah we were injured but he made some horrible decisions. Not saying he will do the same from.here on out...but if this becomes a trend...dont wait too long this time.

Reactions: Andy99

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Pittsburgh,

First of all, my warmest congratulations on 2+ seasons of fantastic hockey.

I can't thank you enough for welcoming me into your home for this series and allowing me to be a part of some great hockey. I wish I could brought more luck, but you know how this sport is.

The Rangers and Pens will continue their rivalry in 2019, but it will be one built on competition and respect, and I look forward to seeing you again on the ice.

f*** the Caps and sincerely yours,

-Machinehead

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
sucks to lose to the Caps but i didnt think we would win it all anyway

gotta get rid of Letang

maybe do something crazy like get a good RWer for Crosby

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
When we hear about Phil I wonder if we're going to be like "wow, dude toughed that out".

Or, "come on Kessel, you could have stepped up your game!"

Something along those lines.

Reactions: Beau Knows

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Time to start over with the bottom 6.

Brassard was a bust. I’d give him a few months next season to make sure he doesn’t fit - then put him on the market.

Bottom six should all be put on notice.

Letang - it’s time.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
They need to do something about this defense. Giving up 12 odd man rushes every single game in the playoffs is not gonna cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad