OT: It's Baaaaaaack...P.O.T.Y. (Poster of the Year)

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
So, one Mr Brad Doty pm'd me a couple of months ago inquiring about why I hadn't done the POTY Awards Thread the past couple of seasons. Well, no reason really, other than that I was just too lazy to do it, as it was just too time consuming. So, we've agreed to minimize the number of categories, and that he would count the votes. Yeah, you've read that right. The mod that CAN'T count, will be counting all of your votes. :scared:

The rules are the same as they have been in the past:

1. You can only name 3 posters per category, but name as many HM (honorable mentions) as your guilty conscience pleases

2. Keep it clean and friendly.

3. No votes for the OP, but ladies, please feel free to send me your private pics!

And as always, I'll start off the voting. And the votes are in no particular order.

Most Likable: RP, TG, Brad
HM: Cruel11, Cesar Milan, LITN, jml87, Kingcanadien1976, Docwest, Scorezegoals, Alternate Jersey, Perro and "Sweet" Shellz

Best Contributions to the Board: Puck U, Cruel11, Kingsknight
HM:Sybil227, cnshockey, TG, deeshamrock, Jason Lewis, King's Pawn, RP, Ron, Brad

Most Knowledgeable: Holden, Herby, Ziggy
HM: Telos, K17, Brad, Kingsfan, tsanuri, WhiskeyPete

Best Humor: Cesar Milan, Cruel11, Kingsholygrail
HM: Facewash, Buddy, KK11, RP, Docwest, Legionnaire (you need to post more!) Onlyalad (you too!)

Edit: I thought it was obvious, but just in case...the P.O.T.Y. will be the poster who has the most votes combined from all the categories.

Last edited:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Most Likable: TG, Perros Brad
HM: Shellz Ziggy Sybil Rp Cns go4hockey

Best Contributions to the Board: Puck U, Cruel11, Sybil
HM: cnshockey, TG, Jason Lewis, RP, Brad, KingKopitar

Most Knowledgeable: TG Jason Lewis Cns

Best Humor: rp face wash tg

These are my votes. I may come and add some people. I have tg in my humor section because it counts toward poster of the year and i want to give him as many votes for it as possible. I would also like to thank black for putting my name in HM ( even thou he spelled it wrong i think its me lol ) I should mention even with all the differences we had at times this year the only reason hes not in any of my hm or votes is he asked in the op not to be and i will follow his wishes for that

Last edited:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Most Likable: TG, kingsholygrail, Cruel11.
Honorable Mention: Brad Doty (when he isn't calling out the Leafs) and KingsKnight.

Best Contributions to the Board: Jason Lewis, CNS, PuckU.
Honorable Mention: Fans of - the Anaheim Ducks, San Jose Sharks, Vancouver Canucks.

Most Knowledgeable: Ziggy, Herby, Kings17.
Honorable Mention: Any of our mods - they all post really well thought out and insightful posts; this is one is serious.

Best Humor: DocWest, Muzzinga, Cruel11.
Honorable Mention: the main board.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
I assume i was left off OP as i would sweep the show?

Looks like we can self vote but i shall abstain

(lol at 3 votes though, so beta, winner take all)

Most Likable: RP

Best Contributions to the Board: DUCKJET

Most Knowledgeable: Brodeur

Best Humor: RP

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I assume i was left off OP as i would sweep the show?

Looks like we can self vote but i shall abstain

(lol at 3 votes though, so beta, winner take all)

Best Contributions to the Board: DUCKJET

Most Knowledgeable: Brodeur

Best Humor: RP

:heart: :heart:

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I'll post my votes tomorrow, but I just wanted to say that it was just nice being mentioned, thanks Black1963

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Most Likable: Cruel11, Brad Doty, RP.

Best Contributions to the Board: Puck U, Cruel11

Most Knowledgeable: Doty, Herby

Best Humor: RP, Cesar Milan

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Wow my name appeared, thanks Black. Much appreciated. I've not been as active posting here on hfKings as of late, don't mind seeing that :laugh:

My votes would be...

Most likable: Live in the Now

Best Contributions: Puck U

Most knowledgeable: Tonellisghost (HM: cnshockey) with many many others as well

Best Humour: I don't know, everybody!

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Love how Herby is getting nods left and right for "most knowledgeable", yet he catches so much grief for his thoughts when the team is struggling. This would not of been happening if this thread popped up in January!

Most Likeable: Brad

Best Contribution: Have to credit Puck U for his GDTs and CNS for his Manchester insights

Most Knowledgeable: BigKing with Herby and Damacles right behind

Humor: Once again, I'm looking good here but I'll go with Muzzinga. I like Herby here as well too. I prefer the subtle humor of potshots at other teams and players as compared to non-stop GIFs and numerous posts that are trying to be funny. Give me the humor in the midst of making a point.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Poster of the year? Really?

Anyone that actually cares about this should take a break :laugh:

It's a (mostly) yearly ritual that helps positively build the community. No one is running around with a trophy or bragging to their co-workers irl because of it, but it's a nice gesture for a 12+-year-old community to recognize it's own top contributors.

Alternatively,

17147c5f32953cb8.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Most Likable: I abstain lest I look like a favorites-choosing ******* mod!

Best Contributions to the Board: Puck U, HansH, KingsKnight
HM to the rest of the crew who regularly updates the stickies--Telos for the massive org. chart, Hans for the magic points, the collective of regulars in the prospect threads!

Most Knowledgeable: TG, KingsPawn, Herby

Best Humor: JCM (come out of hiding, you!), Muzzinga Edit: yeah adding Herby. Lot of subtle humor sometimes buried in great posts that many times the board is too busy criticizing to notice :laugh:

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Love how Herby is getting nods left and right for "most knowledgeable", yet he catches so much grief for his thoughts when the team is struggling. This would not of been happening if this thread popped up in January!

Most knowledgeable doesn't necessarily translates to most reasonable, which you seem to be confused about. Having said that, if you want to continue this conversation, I'll gladly meet you on another thread.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Most knowledgeable doesn't necessarily translates to most reasonable, which you seem to be confused about. Having said that, if you want to continue this conversation, I'll gladly meet you on another thread.

Just an observation. When the team is losing and he rightfully criticizes someone, the overwhelming response is that he is wrong and the reasoning behind his stance--his knowledge--is dismissed.

I believe he is one of the most knowledgeable posters, but I wouldn't say he is one of the most reasonable. I follow what you are saying; however, I don't believe I am confused about anything aside from which thread I was supposed to respond to you in, hence my reply here ;)

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
HM: Cruel11, LITN, Brad Doty, Puck U

Best Contributions to the Board: Kingsknight
HM: Herby, Puck U, Jason Lewis, RP, Brad Doty

Most Knowledgeable: Herby
HM: TG, Telos, Brad Doty

Best Humor: RP, KK11 (They are like Laurel & Hardy)
HM: Buddy, Cesar Milan (or whatever he's going by now), Cruel11, RAZZIE King, Kingsholygrail

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad