GDT: Its after 3:00 PM and there's no Flames vs Isles GDT... so here it is.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Much happier with the play after the first 30 minutes or so.

I think it's easy to see why, to be honest. They are playing a 0-chance game. They aren't pinching at all, aren't sending defencemen on the rush... they basically require the other team to make mistakes in order to do anything offensively. It's Glen Gulutzan hockey.

Trotz needs to make some adjustments, because I think the league may be catching on to how to beat them.
After we stopped choking on every entries they stopped generating anything.

To be fair though, they're on the last period of a b2b.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Flames still trying to score that 6th goal even though there was less than a minute to play in the game. This team just doesn't take their foot off the neck even if they are comfortably in the lead.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
So used to this team fading down the stretch and having to scratch and claw to barely make/miss the playoffs. Not this year.

Darryl Thrusters are engaged.

giphy.gif

As focused a hockey team as I've seen in a long time.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Flames need to find a way to acquire Toffoli to replace Ritchie on that 3rd line. I feel like Dube-Monahan-Toffoli would help Monahan (and Dube) pop out of their offensive funk. Ritchie is useless, literally; 20+ games and no points and a - player, like why is he still playing?

Is there a Kristian Huselius type player out there? I feel like he would be excellent for Monahan.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Flames need to find a way to acquire Toffoli to replace Ritchie on that 3rd line. I feel like Dube-Monahan-Toffoli would help Monahan (and Dube) pop out of their offensive funk. Ritchie is useless, literally; 20+ games and no points and a - player, like why is he still playing?

Is there a Kristian Huselius type player out there? I feel like he would be excellent for Monahan.
I totally expect Toffoli to be wearing Flames colors by the TDL unless Montreal's ask is completely out to lunch. However it wouldn't surprise me to see Monahan as part of the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad