Post-Game Talk: It's a Wiebe's World. Jets win 6-2.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
So close I can taste it

asterisk-black-star-shape_318-53725.jpg

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Nice to see Lits pot one. That line looked great tonight, so it'll be interesting to see what happens when Scheifele returns. Little works really well with Wheeler, and Connor is also a great complement. Do you put Scheif with Perreault and Roslo?

What an unusual thought -- but yeah, I could see it working!

Corsi monster and 1C with quick-rising rookie. Captain and responsible vet with highly talented rookie. Rocket shot and rocket skates with face-off wizard. Good luck determining your "1st", "2nd", and "3rd" lines then!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Nice to see Lits pot one. That line looked great tonight, so it'll be interesting to see what happens when Scheifele returns. Little works really well with Wheeler, and Connor is also a great complement. Do you put Scheif with Perreault and Roslo?
Agreed. Really liked seeing Little getting into the action. Had my biggest "oh fudge" of the night when he didn't get it up on that pretty tic tac toe with farmleaguer and Wheeler.

Jets1975

Dec 9, 2011
After the "onside" goal, Jets dominated. KC will net 30 this year. Lil had a good game. Troubs with a great return. Hell, it was a great team effort. Laine on a goal slump ;).

Reactions: Kgame and ocdaddy

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
That pass Trouba made on the Little goal is exactly what the Jets have been missing in his and Enstrom's absence. Those two make the Jets transition game so much better, not to mention getting Scheifele back in.

Everyone lauds the Preds back end, and rightfully so, but when healthy the Jets are right there with them, they activate, move down the wall and get the puck up ice as well as anyone.

MotionlessGravity

Apr 15, 2014
Winnipeg
Horrible first shift and then a great push back followed by a pretty complete game. What a difference it makes getting home, having a day to rest and getting 2 important pieces back in 1 night. Can't wait to get all of our pieces back and up to speed again (knock on wood). We are a scary good team at home this year and this was a reminder of that.

Stastny does so many good things for us. Wins draws, moves the puck, can score. He seems to be making Laine and Ehlers tick from the moment he stepped in. Last 2 games really highlighted the importance of that signing for us.

No Patty goal tonight, but we got Dallas coming up and he usually has his way with them so I feel a few 29 goals coming Sunday.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Excellent game. It seems Moe took out his weighted D2o after crit failing on the video review.

Helle - Great game

Morrissey was outstanding, single handily dragged a droopy Myers around against Toews and Kane and dominated them with defense best 63% CF. Myers was not great with the puck and glaciers take a shorter time to make decisions with it. Trouba had his "get back into the swing of things" game now please move him back.

Trouba was very good and didn't show much rust. Morrow was solid (Trouba effect)

Buff and Chariot where ok but once again are soundly at the bottom of the teams possesion charts. Toby could also come back anytime now please.

Ehlers - Laine - Statsny with another nice game

Good to see Little break out, he has been playing and battling hard the last few, hopefully he goes on a streak. Connor with another great night as well. Wheeler was just ok.

The other forwards all played quite well and Roslovic looks great as a C. I think his long term future is there.

Tanembaria

Apr 8, 2016
Good game all around! Glad to see some goalscoring droughts broken!

O'Connor is heating up again. Too bad we're not playing this Saturday, or we really would have had the luck of the Irish with us! :naughty:

Having Trouba back was a major positive. Imagine how lopsided this game would have been with Scheifele/Lowry/Enstrom/Kulikov. If everyone comes back healthy and all the players have good chemistry and are in sync with the system... OHHH BOY!! GJG!!

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
25 for farmleague. Crazy that we have a kid challenging for the Calder and it’s really barely on the radar...
All the young guys scoring reminds me of the 92/93 season when we had 4 rookies score 20 goals. Lets see, it was Selanne, Zhamnov, Tkachuck and who was the fourth guy...ah yes, none other than Evgeny Davydov:yo:

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
Mathematically, when will the clinch happen? I'll be going to the Ducks and Bruins near the end of the month. It would be crazy to think if the Jets win those games it's all said and done. I just want to high five everyone in my section.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Oh boy, and now Dallas on Sunday with Scheifs, Enstrom and Lowry all likely back in the lineup. As someone said in the GDT,

yoo-hoo-big-winter-blow-out.jpg

Reactions: SLAYER

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Jets can do that with one hand behind Tanev's back.

Would be nice to do it before April 1 and let those last 4 games be garbage time games for call ups if we have cap space to let Appleton make a few bucks as a reward for the season

Jetster231

Mar 6, 2018
Mathematically, when will the clinch happen? I'll be going to the Ducks and Bruins near the end of the month. It would be crazy to think if the Jets win those games it's all said and done. I just want to high five everyone in my section.

Once the wildcard 2 team cannot officially catch us in points I think?

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Temper the celebrations a bit guys. Chicago played a wide open firewagon type of game and did little to no "finishing their checks" Don`t think there`s a team in the League will beat us in such a game. But we sure as hell won`t see that type of game in the playoffs - no matter who we meet.

Reactions: RedBar

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Always liked Wheeler with Little, Stastny line stays together, Scheifele with Perreault and Roslovic brings a nice blend and Lowry centering the 4th line with two of Armia, Copp and Tanev. It's playoff time.

Reactions: sipowicz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad