Post-Game Talk: It was offside

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Do you believe that the linesman actually saw this in real time, and didn’t blow the play dead because he saw it this way, or did he just miss that usual blow the play dead call they make when a player is still in the zone while his teammate enters the zone with the puck? I think it’s the latter, and then on replay they looked and said, you know what, technically he was onside. Easier to do it that way than admit you made a mistake.
This there is no way the linesman saw that in real time. Even at super slow mo it was hard to pick up. Should have been blown dead right away but cest La vie on to game 2.

Reactions: bellagiobob

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I laugh at the Flames fan who blame the entire series on one questionable call. To be consistent, I have the stance that it may have been a bad call but we lost because we allowed 8 goals in a game. Fix that and we can tolerate a bad call.
Well stated sir. I hope this board can just let it go. Let’s not be whiners like flame fans.

Woodcroft turned it around after a disaster game 1 vs cowtown. I believe he can do it again. Avalanche are just as beatable as any other team. Their defending and goaltending is almost as questionable as ours. Anybody else love watching Hyman stuff the puck in while Manson stood there watching? Like literally just stood there. No attempt to stick check. No attempt to body check. Just stood there like a spectator. Him and Nurse spent most of the game trying to one up each other … ‘Oh yeah? You think that’s bad? Hold my beer’.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Well stated sir. I hope this board can just let it go. Let’s not be whiners like flame fans.

Woodcroft turned it around after a disaster game 1 vs cowtown. I believe he can do it again. Avalanche are just as beatable as any other team. Their defending and goaltending is almost as questionable as ours. Anybody else love watching Hyman stuff the puck in while Manson stood there watching? Like literally just stood there. No attempt to stick check. No attempt to body check. Just stood there like a spectator. Him and Nurse spent most of the game trying to one up each other … ‘Oh yeah? You think that’s bad? Hold my beer’.
It's only been a day, fresh wound and all, I think most of us are already starting to flush it. Will be a non issue in a few days. Unlike the Flamers, who will be talking for generations to come about how the kick cost them the SC. ;)

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Do you believe that the linesman actually saw this in real time, and didn’t blow the play dead because he saw it this way, or did he just miss that usual blow the play dead call they make when a player is still in the zone while his teammate enters the zone with the puck? I think it’s the latter, and then on replay they looked and said, you know what, technically he was onside. Easier to do it that way than admit you made a mistake.
Oh completely agreed, they didn’t see the actual play happen correctly. Unfortunately that’s the way it goes. Doesn’t make it the wrong call.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

not sure if this has been posted. But the NHL insists this is possession but continue to insist Makar didn’t have possession...worst managed and officiated league in all of pro sports. Manfred and MLB may be bad, but at least they don’t make up rules on the fly in order to defend their own incompetence

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
Bs equivocating. The Flames goal involves interpretation of kicking motion vs not. Sometimes you get the call sometimes you don't. The key point being its a subjective call on what kicking motion actually is. Its not defined clearly enough to be anything but subjective.

On the other hand an offside by two feet is clearly offside. there is no conjecture, no interpretation, the NHL invented interpretation on this call where none pre-existed. They basically engaged in precedent to allow this goal. That was clearly and indisputably offside.

6:15-6:44
Date : Jan 22, 2021

forlecious commander

Apr 11, 2022
Clearly you haven't seen Koskinen play games this year, or watched any playoff games where Smith bounced back after a bad game. Stick with your own putrid piece of shit team.
Hard to take what a Blackhawks fan says seriously. That franchise is now a 747 that has run outta fuel and gonna crash landing

Reactions: Stoneman89

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

not sure if this has been posted. But the NHL insists this is possession but continue to insist Makar didn’t have possession...worst managed and officiated league in all of pro sports. Manfred and MLB may be bad, but at least they don’t make up rules on the fly in order to defend their own incompetence

It's not possession that matters in Makar's case.

For some reason they added touching the puck as the decider instead of possession because they think it's less subjective.

Reactions: TB12

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Or better yet, Nurse doesn’t throw the puck away like an idiot…comedy of errors on that sequence.
Lots of team errors on the play.

Nurse didn't really have a passing option. Kane didn't play to the boards and RNH is cherry picking at the other team's blue line behind Kane. He pretty much had to just throw it up the boards and flubbed it. Yamo stopped skating and decided to cover the pass even though Ceci was already on his man. And then there's Smith who likely should have made that save.

Reactions: Faelko

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
At this point it’s a toss up between Please Release Me by Englbert Humperdink or Let It Go by Idina Menzel for this discussion.

Either way it’s Game 2 baby and that shit show is in the rear view mirror!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad