It was 4-1....

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Today is the seventh anniversary of what I consider to be the start of my Bruins fandom. :)

bruins-celi-blog.jpg

Enjoy the memories!!

BAKERY-STYLE-CHOCOLATE-CHIP-COOKIES-9.jpg

20200201_151123.gif

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Players in the last 40 years that tied a Game 7 in the 3rd and then won it in OT:

Derek Plante, 1997 Round 1, BUF vs. OTT: scored with 13:31 left, won it 5:24 into 1OT
Patrice Bergeron, 2013 Round 1, BOS vs. TOR: scored with 0:51 left, won it 6:05 into 1OT

Players in the last 40 years that have scored with under 1 minute left in regulation in a playoff game, then won it in OT:

Patrice Bergeron, 2013 Round 1 Game 7, BOS vs. TOR: scored with 0:51 left, won it 6:05 into 1OT
Paul Stastny, 2014 Round 1 Game 1, COL vs. MIN: Scored with 0:14 left, won it 7:27 into 1OT
Marian Gaborik, 2014 Round 2 Game 1, LAK vs. ANA: Scored with 0:07 left, won it 12:07 into 1OT
John Tavares, 2016 Round 1 Game 6, NYI vs. FLA: Scored with 0:54 left, won it 10:41 into 2OT. NYI win series 4-2

Too bad for the Leafs getting Tavares didn't help them out.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I take pride in knowing I never thought for a second of leaving my seat before it was over. Was a special ride home with my Dad that night.
Leafs fans in the bar I was at even left early. Dont know how people leave when their team is close to winning a game 7. Would've loved to see their reaction when they got home.

I would probably consider this the best game I've seen in my life, aside from the 2011 game 7 cup win.

Reactions: BMC

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Heh. Great memories of this one.

I was at work (call center), walking the floor helping new hires when they had questions.

Convinced my lead to pop the game on the TV we had in the bay. Thank goodness it was on CNBC, because we didn't get NBCSN at work.

It was pretty dire and depressing, and I was actually annoyed when they woke up and got the two goals.

When they tied it I jumped in the air and let out a rather loud yell...I felt bad because it was surely heard over multiple headsets.

One of the new hires pulled me over and said the guy she was speaking with did the exact same thing and she didn't know what was going on. We both laughed and explained.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Well done PBF. Thanks for posting!

Reading that thread was comedy gold. The mood swings were epic. We went from basically "f*** this team" and "fire everyone" to sheer jubilation in 40 pages......

What we really need is the Toronto version!

I found it, and it was well worth it:

"na na na na, na na na na, HEY HEY GOOOODBYEEEEEEE"

Moments before Horton's goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Ahhh, the pained look in the eyes of those Leafs fans gathered at their city will never get old. What a special moment!

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I know most of you won't believe this, but I swear it to be true. That game 7 in 2013 against the Leafs I am sitting at my place with my then GF and it was 4-1 Leafs whom I think she was quietly cheering for, anyway I said Bruins are going to win they will score a goal about half way in the 3rd then with the goalie pulled will score twice to tie it and then win in OT. She looked at me with amazement when it happened, was it just wishful thinking from a Bruins fan or did something just tell me it would be that way, to this day I am not sure which one it was, but happy I got to see that moment. I think the only thing that could have made it better is if it had happened against the habs. I am content though seeing the habs miss the playoffs forever.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I know most of you won't believe this, but I swear it to be true. That game 7 in 2013 against the Leafs I am sitting at my place with my then GF and it was 4-1 Leafs whom I think she was quietly cheering for, anyway I said Bruins are going to win they will score a goal about half way in the 3rd then with the goalie pulled will score twice to tie it and then win in OT. She looked at me with amazement when it happened, was it just wishful thinking from a Bruins fan or did something just tell me it would be that way, to this day I am not sure which one it was, but happy I got to see that moment. I think the only thing that could have made it better is if it had happened against the habs. I am content though seeing the habs miss the playoffs forever.

i was the opposite. When it was 4-1 i predicted the Bruins would dominate the rest of the way and lose by a goal. They did that often back then.

happy to be proven wrong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad