GDT: IT IS YOUR SAINT LOUIS BLUES HOME OPENER!!! (Ok, so there's a little amount of train.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Huge W from Binner. Basically perfect. Only thing that got by him was a deflection a foot in front of his crease.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
This is exactly what I expected and why my excitement level for the season was low.

We’ll probably be competitive enough to be in the playoff hunt but we’ll be outplayed in the majority of games once again. And this team just isn’t very fun to watch at all. We don’t have a strength.

GoBluz24

Established 1967
Apr 8, 2012
so ill near st lou
Enjoy it while it lasts, lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231014_215715_NHL.jpg
    Screenshot_20231014_215715_NHL.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 3

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
This is exactly what I expected and why my excitement level for the season was low.

We’ll probably be competitive enough to be in the playoff hunt but we’ll be outplayed in the majority of games once again. And this team just isn’t very fun to watch at all. We don’t have a strength.
And we have glaring weakness in faceoffs and The Power Play. The defensive structure seems to be a lot better than last season.

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
I think they need to put in some rules for 3 v 3 OT, like if you enter the zone, you have to at least take a shot. If you don't take a shot and back out, the puck turns over to the other team. This is like watching paint dry, it's so awful and boring.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
kapanen only helpful at 3on3 really

de speedddd
The guy is the definition of all tools no tool box. Going to be a long season having to watch him make dumb decisions with the puck. Kapanen seriously might have negative hockey IQ.

Reactions: Blueston

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
The guy is the definition of all tools no tool box. Going to be a long season having to watch him make dumb decisions with the puck. Kapanen seriously might have negative hockey IQ.

its bad

he is however one of those players who may randomly be a factor in the playoffs

i find guys like that either have insane playoff runs or terrible ones and are extremely unpredictable year to year

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009

The depth has been a disappointment, so far, and tonight was a showcase in our glaring lack of a true maestro from the point — keeping pucks in, getting them through, and generally just being in a position to assist the cycle.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
its bad

he is however one of those players who may randomly be a factor in the playoffs

i find guys like that either have insane playoff runs or terrible ones and are extremely unpredictable year to year
I just hope someone is dumb enough to give us a top 90 pick for him.

:dunno:

Reactions: Blueston

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I think they need to put in some rules for 3 v 3 OT, like if you enter the zone, you have to at least take a shot. If you don't take a shot and back out, the puck turns over to the other team. This is like watching paint dry, it's so awful and boring.
Dat NIET! That's a little bit too much, - to alter the game even more than what has already ruined several games per year. Just bring it back to having regular season tie games worth one point. Don't keep moving more and more away from a simple, but great TEAM sport!

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
binny stole 2 points tonight

defense looks ok, not fixed but less chaotic

offense is dead already and needs resurrection, thank god it's spooky season

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Wow.
And here I am somewhat encouraged by this. Dallas and Seattle aren't pushovers. They were both 100 point teams last year. Both had top 10 offenses and top 12 defenses.

And we hung with them. Wasn't pretty, but we weren't outclassed. And we're a team with no confidence after last year's debacle still trying to establish our chemistry and identity.

The big thing for me is that we held last years #6 and #7 offenses to 1 goal each. That is a huge improvement for our defense.

Given how last season went, I'll take it. Give the team some time to gel and I think we're pretty clearly a PO team(not a contender, but we should definitely get in). Provided the wheels don't fall off.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Wow.
And here I am somewhat encouraged by this. Dallas and Seattle aren't pushovers. They were both 100 point teams last year. Both had top 10 offenses and top 12 defenses.

And we hung with them. Wasn't pretty, but we weren't outclassed. And we're a team with no confidence after last year's debacle still trying to establish our chemistry and identity.

The big thing for me is that we held last years #6 and #7 offenses to 1 goal each. That is a huge improvement for our defense.

Given how last season went, I'll take it. Give the team some time to gel and I think we're pretty clearly a PO team(not a contender, but we should definitely get in). Provided the wheels don't fall off.

We have vastly different opinions after 2 games.

Binnington stole 2 points tonight. The Blues definitely played a better game vs Dallas, but they were also without their #1 C.

I expected the D to be a little better this year but there’s no where near enough offense.

The Blues are doing all they can to stay in the game. It reminds me of the early Oshie teams. At least then the Blues had youth on their side.

Schenn is a ghost of his former self. His abilities fell off a cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad