It is time for Refs to leave their opinions off the ice

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
But the point is, that they don't call everything and therefore they do influence the game. I remember when some rookie player was complaining about not receiving a call and a ref was quoted as saying something like, you haven't been here (NHL) long enough to get that call. That's BS. It doesn't matter who the player is, when in the game it is, or if it's a playoff game or not, call the penalty when the penalty happens, EVERYTIME!!!!!!!

so what happens in front of the net then? because I can guarantee you that "By the book" a transgression occurs EVERY time. so we call it, its an endless parade to the box ( which sucks) then by the common explanation the players will smarten up and stop getting penalties and by doing so FUNDAMENTALLY change the was the game is played for a reason no more laudable that the product on the ice more closely resembles the words on some piece of paper.

the difference between a stick check and a slash is by definition subjective. if a ref lets the boys play and they keep it in check, fine by me. if the fame is getting out of hand I'm fine with an uber short leash. that's game management and without it we get parades to the box or games that rapidly get out of hand.

the refs have always swallowed their whistles in the playoffs, lamenting it now says you are either new or you haven't been paying attention. if the players know where the line is, that some fans are all in a tizzy that its not the rulebook verbatim, meh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad