Discussion in 'Fugu's Business of Hockey Forum' started by GKJ, Jul 21, 2005.
In fact I'm feeling overly optimistic. I bet they sign on the dotted line today!
If somehow this all comes crashing down...
Nah, not until August at the earliest.
...and Toronto and Flyers fans walked arm and arm through the meadows...
And someone lost an eye in a snowball fight in Hell.
I think I have to get my eyes checked.
What!? You can't be optimistic yet!?
The owners might vote no tomorrow!
I'm stil very skeptical that this gets done...
Eklund is reporting that it's almost done..
The nerve of that guy.
I hereby declare this the greatest topic in the history of the internet.
Al Gore would be proud.
No way man. We haven't seen Goodenow's End Game Decertification move yet!!
Bring on the scabs!
Goodenow's going to throw that molotov cocktail through the window any minute now...bank on it.
Sabres Will Win the Draft lottery
Crosby will score 100 points as a rookie.
Thomas Vanek Will Score 40 goals. And be amongst league leaders in shootout goals.
Sabres will score an average of 4 goals a game. Boasting 7 players of 20 or more goals.
Finish second to Ottawa in the Northeast.
Lose a Tough 7 game Eastern conference Final To Tampa. After sweeping Philly and the Leafs in earlier rounds.
You'd like that, wouldn't you...
He said be optimistic, not delusional.
August at the earliest.
Bank on it.
While both sides remain close, sources close to the talks indicate the amount of work left to tie up will take two more weeks...
I'd love to see a slow motion montage of various highlights of the lockout, set to peter cetera's "you're the inspiration."
This post rules it. Plain and simple.
Beat me to it. But who knows, i mean 80 points is possible with all these rule changes.
No, no, no. That's just what BG wants you to do.
It's all part of his plan to lull you into a false sense of security before:
- the NHL declares an impasse anyway. Replacements - that was there secret plan all along wasn't it.
- the NHLPA vote to decertify.
- IMG lawsuits to make every player, usher, parking attendant, and HFBoards poster a UFA.
- Bain and the Northern New Jersey Trash Haulers Association and Legitimate Businessmen's Social Club make the league an offer they can't refuse.
- All the players see the light and jump to the new fabulous WHA.
- Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling. Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.
You forgot the mafia. You are right where you think everything is peachy and great and perfect and then BLAM!! They hit.
Tomorrow's press conference is only going to be Goodenow dancing around a building while pouring gasoline on it. Then lighting it on fire and dancing around even more with a crazed look as it burns down to the ground with the BOG in it.
Just like that Simpsons episode where the artist/criminal burns Skinner's car.
Is it two weeks yet???
Separate names with a comma.