Pre-Game Talk: It Is Happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I know bobby and some others used Pulju's position in the 3rd line against him, claiming that shows Woodcrodt and McDavid and whoever think he's a bad player bebause of that. I have to admit it's tempting to bring this up asking if this means he's now a great player. However, it's a long season and I believe the RW position in the 1st line will be a windy place unless Puljujarvi manages to give his best game after game.

But please let's keep that Yamamoto talk away, you don't need to step to that level unless you have actual news or rumours. At least I give him my full support.
I agree, hopefully puljujarvi has a shirt leash.

Do u figure if us Oiler fans in Atlantic Canada get a petition going, will they start games earlier? Puck drop wont be till 1130 tonight here and I have to get up at 530 and drive to Halifax everyday at 6.
Or option 2, we go on the same time zone as Alberta
Trying can’t hurt. I’d sign it.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
So, Pulju on McDavid's wing yet again. How about that?

I'd be even happier if long pending Yamamoto trade was announced before the game, but hard to trade damaged and small goods.

giphy.gif

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Barrie above Bouchard is dumb IMO

I guess if they are splitting the ice time between 2/3 pairings it makes sense but to me Kulak and Bouchard would be a fantastic pairing that can handle harder minutes.

Reactions: Duke74

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
I agree, hopefully puljujarvi has a shirt leash.

Trying can’t hurt. I’d sign it.
He's been very good at the beginning of several season so the team needs to see if he can reach that level this year. If he does they can either keep him there or trade him if they need the cap space. But if Puljujarvi can't reach that level they'll naturally try other options which I'd understand, but they have to give it a bit of time. Just like they'd do with Yamo or anyone else.

Reactions: AM

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
Where's the GDT?

By the way, I have now subscribed to this stupid Sportsnet Now service... Is there a way to "hide scores" and start watching a game in progress from the beginning.

From what I see in the Android app, the interface gives away the score as soon as you open the app - what a stupid design.

OILFAN FOREVER

Feb 26, 2021
I have two boys named Dylan (3 years, 4 months) and Devin (3 months old) so cool to see a Dylan and Devin on the opening night roster!

Go Oilers. Looking forward to seeing Campbell in net and of course the big guns up front. I think one of our keys for the year is Nurse. He needs to have a great season and play like our best defenseman. Him being healthy, I think he is up to the challenge. Beat Vancouver! Let's goooooo!

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Connor needs three points to hit 700 career points tonight. Got a +265 on that, pretty good odds. He'll be fired up for the season opener.

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
We have no gas supply, war on the continent, and potential nukes landing within 1000km... but the sun is shining and Connor soon skates for the Oil !

🙆‍♂️ LFG

I feel your pain... 500€/month for NG, weather's getting cold....

But plenty of oiler jerseys spotted near the Rhine makes me wonder if I wake up at 3am to watch...

Reactions: SaltNPeca

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
So, Pulju on McDavid's wing yet again. How about that?

I'd be even happier if long pending Yamamoto trade was announced before the game, but hard to trade damaged and small goods.

Calls Yamo damaged goods yet entire off season, I keep reading that JP was injured entire 2nd half of last season and thus, explains and excuses his poor performance.

:huh:

I guess both are damaged goods. One's just bigger amirite? If youre gonna troll, do a better job

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Spector has a face that is reposed in frown. It looks as if he's breaking his face to force a smile. Some people are like that. These media wags that have been tenured have the easiest job imaginable. They get to write for pay something that any of as fans do for free. yet so many of the ilk, Matheson, Spector, Jones, Rishaug, just seem miserable, even from a curmudgeonly perspective.

I sure get a rise out of media though. They don't like me much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad