It goes without saying, but Steve Simmons is complete garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I mean....I get that he's a clown trying to use his "edginess" to cover up the fact that he's a failed "journalist" but this just irks the f*** out of me.

You're a journalist without a story so you start bringing up available tickets in Winnipeg as a sign of doom and gloom.

People call him out over it and some troll with a Vegas logo and 1 follower starts hitting back. The troll starts doing what trolls do and Simmons decides to endorse it.

[mod]

So according to Simmons, Winnipeg is a dogshit no horse town.

Thanks Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
I mean....I get that he's a clown trying to use his "edginess" to cover up the fact that he's a failed "journalist" but this just irks the **** out of me.

You're a journalist without a story so you start bringing up available tickets in Winnipeg as a sign of doom and gloom.

People call him out over it and some troll with a Vegas logo and 1 follower starts hitting back. The troll starts doing what trolls do and Simmons decides to endorse it.

So according to Simmons, Winnipeg is a dog**** no horse town.

I have no idea who Steve Simmons is, nor what he did to get you all upset.

Who cares?

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
This thread seems to signal that the shtick is working. He's getting attention drawn to him.

I mean...you're not wrong.....and I took the bait......still blows my mind.

I've just never seen a Canadian sports "journalist' endorse a message that low brow and crass before.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
I have no idea who Steve Simmons is, nor what he did to get you all upset.

Who cares?

He’s a “journalist” for the Toronto Sun (unless there’s another Steve Simmons out there).

Pretty embarrassing to be endorsing a low brow/low class comment, especially as a journalist that’s supposed to be above that sort of thing.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
He’s a “journalist” for the Toronto Sun (unless there’s another Steve Simmons out there).

Pretty embarrassing to be endorsing a low brow/low class comment, especially as a journalist that’s supposed to be above that sort of thing.

Exactly. I mean this is something that will be forgotten in a day but you'd think a guy who may have to come here and write a story about a Jets Leafs game wouldn't openly endorse a message of "this city is shit"

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It's common knowledge that he's an even worse person than he is a journalist and that's saying something.

But he's paid well for it.

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Great, his edginess worked so well that since you posted this people will actually look him up and potentially visit his blog or whatever he has.

A truly mind boggling thread.

Reactions: HomeAndHome

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
I never understood why anyone takes shots at a city when comparing sports teams. Totally childish to see it on this board let alone by a member of "the media".

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
I mean....I get that he's a clown trying to use his "edginess" to cover up the fact that he's a failed "journalist" but this just irks the **** out of me.

View attachment 121273

So according to Simmons, Winnipeg is a dog**** no horse town.

Thanks Steve.

still not as bad of a sports journalist as i am :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad