Post-Game Talk: It’s beginning to look a lot like ****mas

Oct 15, 2008
Daryl Katz, Boob Stuffer and Bobby Nicks....

giphy.gif

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
No faith in the goalies, terrible defensive play, and boneheaded penalties. Just like old times.

Kassian is a clown.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
The formula for this team is exactly the same it has been the last few years.

The top two players have to get about 3 points or more and they have to get really good goaltending.

The bottom 6 plus 2/3 of the 2nd line are just as trash as they have been in past years. Huge fail by Holland.

If the oilers do not get 3 points from mcdavid and drai and if they get less than avg or poor tending they will lose 19 times out of 20.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Wish Kassian swallowed his pride and didn't hit the goalie back...that ended the come back. And yes him getting the only penalty was dumb.

Reactions: I am the Liquor

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Blind backhand passes are the new toe drag, and Zack Kassian is our most cerebral player.

Last edited:

Rusoilers

Дмитрий Самуроков 38
Oct 9, 2019
Siberia
This is not a playoff team. Hot start but mediocre since then. Koskinen has turn inconsistent.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
This was such classic Oilers. Get blown out early. Fight tooth and nail to try and get back into it and once you do watch the other team turn it back up 1/2 a notch and completely embarrass you by the end of it.

This team wont be sniffing the playoffs come January.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Oilers need to fix their problems fast before it ruins the season. Holland needs to make a trade for a forward

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I turn the game on because my wife tells me it is 3-3

What do I see? I see Nuge go for a wrap around and AS CLEAR AS DAY GET HOOKED DOWN.

Then I see CAR score soon after the other way. THEN I SEE KASSIAN GET ROUGHED UP BY 4 CANES AND THEIR GOALIE START IT. WE GET THE CALL.

F*** YOU NHL AND F*** YOU REFS. What a garbage league where you "have to manage the game" because I guess they gave the Oilers a PS?

I will be shocked if we are in a playoff spot in 2 weeks. Zero depth

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
McDavid bobbling the puck on a penalty shot pretty much sums up the effort level all around tonight. That Koskinen bumble would actually hurt had the goal actually meant anything.

On to the next one.

Reactions: Oilhawks

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
We can't trade all of our top tier blue chip prospects though. Let's let them all develop, because they all will right, and we will be ready to contend when mcDavid is 30 years old

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I just hate that they have to do this to us. We go into the year expecting nothing, they start off with a record even better than the year they made the playoffs, and now the last few weeks they look like they're ready to mail it in again and collect their next high pick.
It's so hard to get any sort of gauge on this group.
Some days I think "yeah lets trade some futures and go on a run!"
Then they play games like tonight where they can only be bothered to skate for more than half a period and I can't help but think those "futures" are all we have and no amount of rentals can fix this team.

Reactions: Oilhawks and TB12

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Completely embarrassing homestand.

And December is full of home games. I'd just as soon the Oilers play in Boston/Tampa Bay back to back.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Same script over and over again.

Down several goals early.

Chase the game.

Tie the game up.

And then give up the game winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad