Speculation: It’s a great time if you’re lucky to be a teammate with the 2016/2017 Winnipeg Jets.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Think about it, Little healthy and hungry to make Shief work his *ss off for #1 center, Shief finally being where he dreamed he could really be by working his *ss off.

Wheeler just being the best Wheeler dealer which is close to perfection for work ethic, skill and class, Myers coming back the heathiest he’s felt in years let alone Buff and all the rest who are ready and too many to mention but they are all willing and working to be the very best that they all can be let alone our lucky #2 pick…

My God what a season this will be for the players (teammates) of the Winnipeg Jets let alone what all of us fans will get to experience.

So what does Chevy, Maurice and TNSE have planned for us now?

It’s a great time if you’re lucky to be a teammate with the 2016/2017 Winnipeg Jets.

A new chapter for the Winnipeg Jets is about to be written and as a fan I am beyond smitten.

Let the new season begin already!

:handclap: :nod: Go Jets Go :jets Go Jets Go :nod: :handclap:

Last edited:

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
There was a lot of hype last year about the new season, from building on making the playoffs, Ehlers going to light up the scoresheet, Pavelec turning a corner, and getting rid of Kane.

I'd suggest tempering expectations a bit. Laine is likely going to take time to adjust to the smaller ice - he will have to adjust his game and there may be growing pains. Our division is still the strongest in the league, and young teams aren't the most consistent, as we saw last year. Our goaltending tandem is still very uncertain. Definitely there's reasons to be optimistic, but we need to also be realistic.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
There was a lot of hype last year about the new season, from building on making the playoffs, Ehlers going to light up the scoresheet, Pavelec turning a corner, and getting rid of Kane.

I'd suggest tempering expectations a bit. Laine is likely going to take time to adjust to the smaller ice - he will have to adjust his game and there may be growing pains. Our division is still the strongest in the league, and young teams aren't the most consistent, as we saw last year. Our goaltending tandem is still very uncertain. Definitely there's reasons to be optimistic, but we need to also be realistic.

Agreed, but there is always hope as well the title was more for all of our younger players who are in a mad drag out dog fight to even get a spot on the team this year. I was just trying to get across that if you make the Jets regular lineup this year you should consider yourself lucky for being in great fit and you played so well you made it.

I do really believe that our Jets are starting a new chapter and a much different one from the years past and it will be a heck of a lot brighter even while being one of the youngest teams in the NHL.

Last edited:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Agreed, but there is always hope as well the title was more for all of our younger players who are in a mad drag out dog fight to even get a spot on the team this year. I was just trying to get across that if you make the Jets regular lineup this year you should consider yourself lucky for being in great fit and you played so well you made it.

I do really believe that our Jets are starting a new chapter and a much different from the years past and it will be a heck of a lot brighter even while being one of the youngest teams in the NHL.

I really admire your optimism
Hope it all gels
We'd be happy campers no doubt

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
We're finally going to enter the season with good depth in all positions.

To me this is what makes a winner. I expect playoffs this coming season.

- also smitten

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Let me throw a cold bucket of Pav on this little love fest.... And I will add a side plate of Stu for you :D

Sorry to be that guy !

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Let me throw a cold bucket of Pav on this little love fest :D

Pav the Jet who's contract is done very soon and we have Helle who has something to prove to himself first and then to the rest of the Hockey World.

We certainly live in a very interesting time as a Winnipeg Jets fan. :nod:

I believe that our lucky #2 pick became a BIG (Chipman) game changer for Chevy and TNSE and I firmly believe that they are trying and planning to make the right positive changes in improving our Jets complete compete level in the most difficult division currently in the NHL for the 2016/2017 season.

Will Chevy and TNSE succeed well only after this entire season of time goes by that we will know for sure but I have to give them the chance to try to do it throughout the entire 2016/2017 season.

Last edited:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
We'll be a very talented, albeit, young team.

Young players make mistakes.

Too many mistakes means games are lost.

I expect improvement from last season, but, I won't plan the parade just yet.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Think about it, Little healthy and hungry to make Shief work his *ss off for #1 center, Shief finally being where he dreamed he could really be by working his *ss off.

Wheeler just being the best Wheeler dealer which is close to perfection for work ethic, skill and class, Myers coming back the heathiest he’s felt in years let alone Buff and all the rest who are ready and too many to mention but they are all willing and working to be the very best that they all can be let alone our lucky #2 pick…

My God what a season this will be for the players (teammates) of the Winnipeg Jets let alone what all of us fans will get to experience.

So what does Chevy, Maurice and TNSE have planned for us now?

It’s a great time if you’re lucky to be a teammate with the 2016/2017 Winnipeg Jets.

A new chapter for the Winnipeg Jets is about to be written and as a fan I am beyond smitten.

Let the new season begin already!

:handclap: :nod: Go Jets Go :jets Go Jets Go :nod: :handclap:

Love the optimism.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

To the bolded, who was claiming that? TNSE and mainstream media maybe? I think most here were thrilled with Pavs little run at the end of the prior season to get us into the playoffs and duly credited him for that. But I also recall most were quite aware that it was an anomaly that hefted his season save percentage well above his career norm (which he largely reverted to) and his playoff performance was less than stellar.

I'm skeptical by nature so while I agree there is a lot to be excited about I do think it's going to be a dogfight to just make the playoffs in this division this year. As long as there's tangible progress made relative to last season I'm content to endure the growing pains of a youthful team. I'd be thrilled if the youth gelled and exceeded their ages taking us on a run in the playoffs but I don't think it's overly pragmatic to expect it to happen. I'm probably of the same mindset as scopar on that.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I think we will have a better season than last year - Scheif alone taking that next step plus Ehlers' second year I think would contribute to that, in addition to Laine and Connor incoming and perhaps further development of other players like Armia

We'll also get a full year of Dano, and he's a diamond in the rough I think...he was awesome for the Jackets

playoffs is a bit too soon imo, but we'll know by the time Amercian Thanksgiving rolls around ;)

It is hard not to get excited when one just considers those things....we still have excellent vets too in Toby, Buff, Little and Wheeler

I can certainly understand the excitement OP :)

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
Will be interesting to follow Jets July 1st - they should go for an UFA blueliner or two. That will also makes things easier on the goalies. I really dont understand the rumors regarding Okposo. Jets are deep on wingers and Okposo has always been mentioned as a defensive black hole in the Islanders forum. I will not judge wether thats true or not, but I dont think Jets need such a player (if true).

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I, too, love the optimism, and am really glad to see it after last season, most of which was a real slog and these boards could frequently be quite depressing.

I was one of those full of huge amounts of optimism at the beginning of last season. This season I am much more cautious because of how brutally my expectations were disappointed last season. Once burned, twice shy I guess.

I am just looking forward to watching the prospects continue to develop, and to seeing Laine in action, with no expectations of playoffs. They'll just be gravy to me if they come.

To me whether we make it to the playoffs or not will depend on goat lending. How much does Pav screw our season before he gets the hook? Does Hellebuyck continue to progress, or was he overrated by HF Boards? Either way I'm not going to let myself get too upset over Pavs' constant bed ****ing because this is his last season so I won't have to worry about him going forward. That in and of itself will make this a successful season in my view.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Last season was kinda disappointing but I hope people realize that, with even average goaltending from pavs we probably would have only been a couple points out of the playoffs this year, or maybe even have made it. We weren't actually too far off lol,same with the flames. With good goaltending both of these teams would have been a lot closer. If we have a lot more hellebuyck next season I fully expect us to be at least pushing for a spot in the playoffs next season

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Didn't know I was writing this for Trouba but Ok...... :nod:

Welcome back Troubs and It’s a great time if you’re lucky to be a teammate with the 2016/2017 Winnipeg Jets.

A new chapter for the Winnipeg Jets is about to be written with Jacob Trouba back on board and as a Jets fan I am beyond smitten.

Go Troubs Go :jets Go Troubs Go

Let the winning streak continue until past Dec 1st, 2016 or well beyond. ;)

Go Jets Go :jets Go Jets Go

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad