#IslesUnfollow

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I don't how you - as an owner - can look at that team after the season they just had and say, "yeah let's keep these guys around."

Reactions: Nickmo82

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I'm glad Doug Weight is still head coach of this team. He's a good person and a good leader. The teams play isn't all on him. I hope all the fair weather fans" #unfollow" and become Ranger fans because that's not the support this team needs. Let's Fire Snow and Weight and then watch JT walk.
Makes sense to me. I'm not happy with Snow but I'm willing to give him to atleast this next season.
Without a Snow no way us Barzal an Islander. Yes that's only one move and I get it. But me thinks JT is a fan of both guys.
Without McPhee, I doubt Snow had any interest in Barzal. This fair weather fan has been a fan for 40 years.
How many one more seasons has Garth already used up?

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Folks, this is a call to arms.

We in the Islanders fandom expect something awful today. We expect to find out that Garth Snow and Doug Weight will inexplicably be retained as GM and Head Coach respectively, despite over a decade of futility between them.

If this comes to pass, I am asking you take a small, yet important public action. If you happen to follow the Islanders on social media, please unfollow them, and ask your friends to do so as well. This is the most immediate way to send a message that this team is doing the wrong thing.

Now you ask yourself, why would I, at best a non-fan of the Islanders, care? Maybe you don't. Maybe you like the idea of a rival team going down in the flames of incompetence.

But, like us, you are a fan. You are a fan of your team. We, are fans of hockey. You wouldn't want this to happen to your team. You shouldn't want it to happen to ours.

So please, if Snow is still the General Manager of the Islanders today and going forward, join the #IslesUnfollow.

Thank you.

I don't follow any sports teams on Social Media but I think this idea and the logic behind it are fantastic! I wholeheartedly agree that better competition makes being a fan (of that team, or just in general) way more fun.

As a Jets fan we were a bottom third team for the past 5-6 years and it became easy for a great fanbase to become uninterested, this year as we've taken a step forward and had some great battles with some top teams (especially Nashville) it's rejuvenated the city and fanbase. I truly feel for fanbases that are stuck spinning their tires for years and years due to incompetent management/coaching/owners and think ideas like this are great ideas that don't have people spitting the vitriol on social media that can turn things ugly and ultimately undercut the point you're trying to make.

Hopefully things don't go as you're expecting but if they do I hope this campaign gains some traction.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I guess for children it is. Mocking others misfortune whether in the sports world or the real world is weak and lame.

the islanders sucked, isles fans come on here asking other teams fans to help get their coach and GM fired.
some of us think that's actually what's really weak and lame.

(and don't try to equate a team in the entertainment world having a bad GM with real world misfortune)

I didn't know the islanders perhaps keeping snow and weight is causing so much distress in your life. is it stopping you from working, ruining your sex life and keeping food off your table?

I didn't know that in your efforts to have two people lose their livelihood, it's you that has the real misfortune, not them.

Reactions: dood and JT Kreider

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
I don't how you - as an owner - can look at that team after the season they just had and say, "yeah let's keep these guys around."
Thats what happens when your team has been stuck in mediocrity and low attendance records for over a few decades - you get owners looking to jump on a dying brand and rebuild it and make a profit.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
the islanders sucked, isles fans come on here asking other teams fans to help get their coach and GM fired.
some of us think that's actually what's really weak and lame.

(and don't try to equate a team in the entertainment world having a bad GM with real world misfortune)

I didn't know the islanders perhaps keeping snow and weight is causing so much distress in your life. is it stopping you from working, ruining your sex life and keeping food off your table?

I didn't know that in your efforts to have two people lose their livelihood, it's you that has the real misfortune, not them.

What are you talking about?

I concur that asking other teams fans to help get their coach and GM fired is weak and lame, it's almost as bad as mocking others misfortunes.

Distress in my life over any of this? LOL. Another agendaless weak and lame attempt. Not sure who or what you are referring to in respect to the rest of your crap post.

I made a simple and true comment, that mocking the misfortunes of others is weak and lame. You're trying to spin a context to it that out and out does not exist.

To be clear I don't care about the Islanders. I also don't care about the Oilers.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
No offense OP but screw you guys for now. I want Tavares to walk so we can sign him here in Montreal first

BUT on July 2nd? Sure I'll unfollow anyone you want and get my friends to also ;)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Before I do this, let me just say writing this is painful. I'm in actual, physical pain right now.

But it needs to be said. It's not about the next season or even the one after that. The Islanders need a culture and mentality change above all. Look at the ****ing Rangers, listen to the comments they're making... I can bet you right now, it's not gonna be a 12 year long rebuild. They're gonna do it fast and they will be competitve before the Isles will be. The Islanders are like... a beer league team right now. A great, historic franchise that is right now on a level with a beer league, "bring your buddy to work with you" kind of team. And it's not gonna change anytime soon.

I do not disagree. Think Snow needs to go. This is a good thread to take action with a Twitter campaign if you want started by another Isles fan.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Without McPhee, I doubt Snow had any interest in Barzal. This fair weather fan has been a fan for 40 years.
How many one more seasons has Garth already used up?

My issue isn't with fans wanting to dump Snow its Weight after 1.5 seasons.
But if your going to discredit Snow for drafting Barzal then you need to excuse him for the bad pics also like Strome, Reinhart etc.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Pretty scathing report on Snow. Just going to crib a paragraph as per HF boards rules. But the entire article is a good read.

Garth Snow has got to be kidding with Stanley Cup remark as Islanders GM is lucky to still have a job

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 11:49 AM

Sure, Ledecky left the door slightly ajar that changes still might be forthcoming within the front office by citing that hockey ops will be "evaluated" in the coming weeks, but Snow and head coach Doug Weight — notably seated alongside their boss during the press conference — both indicated to reporters that they fully have been led to believe they will be returning for 2018-19.

Snow's delusional answer when asked directly by a reporter on Monday why he believes he deserves to stay on the job was astonishing even by his and the Islanders' lofty standards. His response underscores the typical arrogance, misinformation and misdirection his regime has perpetrated — and has been allowed to spew, mostly unchecked — throughout his dozen years at the helm of the least critically covered team in the New York market.

Isles GM Garth Snow has got to be kidding with Stanley Cup remark

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
But if your going to discredit Snow for drafting Barzal then you need to excuse him for the bad pics also like Strome, Reinhart etc.
Why do I have to do anything? Besides Tavares(and Lee), Snow has consistently drafted poorly. Look at how many of our picks have skating issues in a skating game.
Weight and his coaching buddies only have one strategy, and it obviously does not work.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

True, Weight has only been head coach for 1.5 seasons but he's been around the team for a lot longer than that (since 2011). His title before, was Assistant Coach and Assistant GM.

They need to get rid of everyone involved. For years they have allowed members of their "good ole boys club" to remain within the organization even though others have been fired. Need a complete culture change and that includes Weight.

No more can they leave the door open for cockroaches to crawl back in.

Reactions: MattBarzal

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
True, Weight has only been head coach for 1.5 seasons but he's been around the team for a lot longer than that (since 2011). His title before, was Assistant Coach and Assistant GM.

They need to get rid of everyone involved. For years they have allowed members of their "good ole boys club" to remain within the organization even though others have been fired. Need a complete culture change and that includes Weight.

No more can they leave the door open for cockroaches to crawl back in.

I actually have less problems with Weight. I don't think the Isles young players would be as good as they are now. Pulock, Beuvillier, and Barzal without his guidance. I would keep him as part of the organization in player development. He's light years ahead of Capuano. Snow is the one that really needs to go. It's remarkable a guy with his record is still employed,

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Why do I have to do anything? Besides Tavares(and Lee), Snow has consistently drafted poorly. Look at how many of our picks have skating issues in a skating game.
Weight and his coaching buddies only have one strategy, and it obviously does not work.

Beauvillier? Pulock? I'm not sure it's even drafting at this point. I just don't know what is wrong, obviously Coaching and other decisions he has made and lack of winning should be the reason he is gone. I actually think drafting has been decent. Seems to fail at everything else besides fleecing Chia.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Beauvillier? Pulock? I'm not sure it's even drafting at this point. I just don't know what is wrong, obviously Coaching and other decisions he has made and lack of winning should be the reason he is gone. I actually think drafting has been decent. Seems to fail at everything else besides fleecing Chia.
Don't forget Nino. And Snow is not the worst drafting GM in the league. Also no one complained about the Boychuk, Leddy or Hamonic trade.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Don't forget Nino. And Snow is not the worst drafting GM in the league. Also no one complained about the Boychuk, Leddy or Hamonic trade.
Maybe not the worst, but we have more prospects with skating issues than most other teams. You could write a novel about Snow, but chapter 1 would be the Moulson/Vanek nightmare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad