#IslesUnfollow

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Folks, this is a call to arms.

We in the Islanders fandom expect something awful today. We expect to find out that Garth Snow and Doug Weight will inexplicably be retained as GM and Head Coach respectively, despite over a decade of futility between them.

If this comes to pass, I am asking you take a small, yet important public action. If you happen to follow the Islanders on social media, please unfollow them, and ask your friends to do so as well. This is the most immediate way to send a message that this team is doing the wrong thing.

Now you ask yourself, why would I, at best a non-fan of the Islanders, care? Maybe you don't. Maybe you like the idea of a rival team going down in the flames of incompetence.

But, like us, you are a fan. You are a fan of your team. We, are fans of hockey. You wouldn't want this to happen to your team. You shouldn't want it to happen to ours.

So please, if Snow is still the General Manager of the Islanders today and going forward, join the #IslesUnfollow.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You have my unfollow.

swZzBq

Reactions: GatorDave

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Im an NJ fan and its bullshit

Ruins a good thing with having another less competitive team nearby. Competition is always fun

Its funny if they lose Tavares, its annoying that Snow still has a job

Reactions: ds4130 and Dialamo

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If I was following them, I would certainly Unfollow.

I will tweet out #IslesUnfollow though.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Caps fan here. I feel bad for the Islanders fans... probably because I'm a DC sports + Mets fan and was raised in a Mets and Jets household, and I empathize with terrible ownership thanks to Dan Snyder and the Redskins. Although playoff success has not happened as we would have liked in the Ovechkin era, we've been really lucky to have continued regular season success and to be able to watch Ovechkin rewrite history. I can't imagine how angry I'd be if the Caps did to Ovie what the Islanders are doing to JT and ownership took that experience from me as a fan. Sucks.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
maybe something that needed to be done to make Tavares to re-sign.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I unfollowed and tweeted out #IslesUnfollow

Hate to see a potential rivalry go by the wayside. I'm a Penguins fan, so the better the other teams in the division the more exciting the sport.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
This will do absolutely nothing. Stop buying islanders gear and going to games and watching on TV. Basically stop being a fan. That's the only way you can make noise.

Reactions: CrypTic

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I don't mind the Isles and feel for their struggles but this seems like a lot of work.

Reactions: Bones45

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad