Post-Game Talk: Isles

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
So based on the UBS arena schedule there is nothing going on tonight there. I just don’t get why the 2 day break if they have nothing going on.
I don't have a problem with one 2 day break but having another one between games 4 and (if necessary) 5 is pretty absurd. Especially after we had to wait nearly a week between the end of regular season and game 1.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So based on the UBS arena schedule there is nothing going on tonight there. I just don’t get why the 2 day break if they have nothing going on.

I think earlier when the schedule was announced, it was assumed to have to do with an extra day for travel. Since the series that don't have that extra day between games 2 & 3 are relatively close (like the Tampa/Florida series)

Reactions: WreckingCrew

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I think earlier when the schedule was announced, it was assumed to have to do with an extra day for travel. Since the series that don't have that extra day between games 2 & 3 are relatively close (like the Tampa/Florida series)
But that doesn’t make much sense when you look at Boston and Toronto going tonight. Practically the same flight times with the flight to Toronto being 15 minutes longer and having to clear customs.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Schedule is different for sure, but I prefer random extra time to random lessened time. Remember in '19 when he had the possiblity of a BACK TO BACK playoff game against the Fish? lol

Also we did have to run 5 d for a while and have to onboard TDA, so probably a good thing.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
But that doesn’t make much sense when you look at Boston and Toronto going tonight. Practically the same flight times with the flight to Toronto being 15 minutes longer and having to clear customs.
That’s what I’m saying. Sorry but I’m not trying to beat a dead horse here. Just bothers me is all. Let’s not have the playoffs drag out until June 30th. All the teams fly charter with full catering. Not like they are flying commercial and are waiting for connections and eating peanuts on the planes.

In the finals I can see the extra day for travel going back and forth east to west. But for eastern conference there is no point.

Also last complaint: as a Canadian, no one cares if a Canadian team (looking at you Toronto) isn’t playing on Saturday night. People will still watch in Canada if they play on a Friday or a Sunday.

End rant.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Schedule is different for sure, but I prefer random extra time to random lessened time. Remember in '19 when he had the possiblity of a BACK TO BACK playoff game against the Fish? lol

Also we did have to run 5 d for a while and have to onboard TDA, so probably a good thing.
OTOH, thanks to a back to back in 2020 and a best of 5 preliminary round, we have the record for the fastest series win in NHL history in actual elapsed time.

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024
Tonight's game Is key IMO win this and we sweep.....

Sorokin had god awful rebound control this season and gave up over 3 goals a game.... I think him starting plays into the Canes hand... weather whatever they try in the first ten minutes and score and they go Goon early.

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I think they stick with Freddie. Save Koochie for when he's actually needed. Freddie's stats last game were terrible obviously but his performance really wasn't that bad and we can certainly win this series with him.
Pyotr seems to need work to get his best.....I'm Ok with him playing tonight and then going back to Freddie for game 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad