Pre-Game Talk: Isles @ Wash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
No need to force deHaan to play tonight, even if he could. Get Mayfield and Pulock some minutes.

Tonight is a loss, so let's not get crazy around here this evening. I think it's safe to say WC1 is where we want to be come next week anyway.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Think the Caps are going to throttle back and make this one easier on us?

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Good!!!

Let's hope he actually plays...

ScaredStrait.0.jpg

crasherino

May 9, 2013
No need to force deHaan to play tonight, even if he could. Get Mayfield and Pulock some minutes.

Tonight is a loss, so let's not get crazy around here this evening. I think it's safe to say WC1 is where we want to be come next week anyway.

any update on him? I saw last night that Cappy said he wasn't sure if he would travel but I didn't see anything else official. But judging from the way he was walking off down the runway, I don't think tonight is an option. That's either a bad ass bruise or a fractured knee cap. Hoping for the former.

What about Cal? He took a bad spill into the boards after taking that stick. I'm guessing he's out tonight as well and Bernier takes his place.

Does Mayfield play the Left side at all?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I like Myfield getting the call up. Wish Pelech was further along too. I t
Like our young guys.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
any update on him? I saw last night that Cappy said he wasn't sure if he would travel but I didn't see anything else official. But judging from the way he was walking off down the runway, I don't think tonight is an option. That's either a bad ass bruise or a fractured knee cap. Hoping for the former.

What about Cal? He took a bad spill into the boards after taking that stick. I'm guessing he's out tonight as well and Bernier takes his place.

Does Mayfield play the Left side at all?

Clutterbuck returned to the game, so I assume he's alright. He played multiple shifts in the 3rd.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Clutterbuck returned to the game, so I assume he's alright. He played multiple shifts in the 3rd.

If CBuck is sore today, I'd sit him out and take no chances. It's been a while since Bernier got any game action, give him a chance tonight. Hopefully CdH is nursing a nasty bruise and it's not something more serious.

Hamonic, de Haan, and CBuck should have a Netflix and Chill night. Have them all have ice on their knees while sitting on the couch and catch up on Game of Thrones before the new season starts.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
If CBuck is sore today, I'd sit him out and take no chances. It's been a while since Bernier got any game action, give him a chance tonight. Hopefully CdH is nursing a nasty bruise and it's not something more serious.

Hamonic, de Haan, and CBuck should have a Netflix and Chill night. Have them all have ice on their knees while sitting on the couch and catch up on Game of Thrones before the new season starts.

I would be 100% on board with giving CBuck a night off tonight except that I would love for him to play against Wash and punish someone. That being said, I agree with you. He was skating gingerly when he came back. I think he should be resting until Thursday even if thinks he's ok to go. Bernier plays physical too.

I'm hoping Mayfield gets the call tonight but realistically, there's little shot of that.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
My take is Islanders should sit De Haan, Clutterbuck and Greiss tonight. In the case of Greiss we have 4 games in the next 6 days(and just played last night) so he has to sit at least one of them and this game makes the most sense. In the case of De Haan and Clutterbuck it looks like both might need a couple days off

Sometimes you have to lose a battle if you want to win a war and that's the way I view this game at this point. The next 3 games are much more important then this one basically

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Tonight's game is pretty big fellas. Possible clinching scenarios:

1.) Win in any form tonight. This would put us at 97 points and BOS can only reach 96.

2.) A Boston loss in regulation, regardless if the Isles win or lose tonight. Boston would only reach a maximum 94 points and we already have 95.

3.) A Boston OT/SO loss coupled with an Isles OT/SO loss. This would put Boston at 91 points and the Isles 96, with Boston only able to reach a maximum of 95 and us a minimum of 96.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Does anyone besides me want Christopher Gibson tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad