Pre-Game Talk: Isles vs Rangers, Tues night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
I definetly think we'll come out strong, not gonna want to lose back to back games nor back to back games against the Rags. The way we've been playing lately has been strong and we look almost like a different team. Hopefully we learned from errors we made in the Detroit game and use that to our advantage.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
I'd like to see Griess get this one...

Rangers are smoke and mirrors and not an overly talented team in my opinion - especially on defense. They have great team speed and everybody seems to be finishing for them right now (Grabner can't miss - lol), it can't possibly last.

If the Islanders turn the puck over in the defensive zone like they did last night we can forget about a competitive game but the team always seems to play well vs the top teams and I expect no different tomorrow.

Isles win 4-2 (EN'er)

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
The rangers have been giving up a lot of shots in their recent games.

We need to get big bodies on top of the paint and activate the defense.

However, I don't see us coming up on the winning end of this.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I'd like to see Griess get this one...

Rangers are smoke and mirrors and not an overly talented team in my opinion - especially on defense. They have great team speed and everybody seems to be finishing for them right now (Grabner can't miss - lol), it can't possibly last.

If the Islanders turn the puck over in the defensive zone like they did last night we can forget about a competitive game but the team always seems to play well vs the top teams and I expect no different tomorrow.

Isles win 4-2 (EN'er)

Every year people seem to say this about the Rangers, and ya'll are wrong every year.

Keep da faith.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Every year people seem to say this about the Rangers, and ya'll are wrong every year.

Keep da faith.

Well they started off like 16-3 or something last year and it didn't last. This year they started hot too and are slowing down.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
The thing people need to understand is they are without Zib and Buch. Kreider has been banged up a bit too. Once they start to heal up the will gain their traction again.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
This game pretty much sums up what this group has done to me this year. I normally have all the Rag$ games circled on my calander...can't get any work done the day of the games....this year I didn't even know they were playing the Rag$ until I saw this thread. For 25 years I have watched intently, rooted for has-beens and never-was' for years...finally after all the nonsense it seemed like we turned a bit of a corner last year. But in true Islander fashion, they come out this year and have ruined the season already....I would be shocked if we even made a semi-run at a wildcard spot at this point. For the first time in 25 years, I am completely uninterested in what this team does. Its sad when I'd rather not watch my favorite sport at all than watch these idiots try to play/coach.

CaptDenisPotvin

Jun 20, 2007

Keep da faith.

I think what people mean by smoke and mirrors every year is complete and utter losers...lets be clear here, the rangers are a Broduer botched wrap around and Bure getting thrown out of game 3 away from Cubs territory (before this year).

Let that sink in

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
I think what people mean by smoke and mirrors every year is complete and utter losers...lets be clear here, the rangers are a Broduer botched wrap around and Bure getting thrown out of game 3 away from Cubs territory (before this year).

Let that sink in

It's really cool us Isles fans can only brag about something from 30+ years ago while that franchise has sustained much more relevance in more people's eyes and money than the Isles.

It's great the Isles have this Dynasty history, but reality is the Isles don't hold a candle to a premier franchise in this sport.

CaptDenisPotvin

Jun 20, 2007
It's really cool us Isles fans can only brag about something from 30+ years ago while that franchise has sustained much more relevance in more people's eyes and money than the Isles.

It's great the Isles have this Dynasty history, but reality is the Isles don't hold a candle to a premier franchise in this sport.

I dont know how much bragging i was doing about our dynasty in my post. I was just saying that people tend to believe the rangers are fools gold every year because...well they are. They have had more success than the islanders and are a bigger household name then the Islanders absolutely...if your ranking the most popular franchises that cant win the big prize...they are at the top of the list, the Islanders are also on that list but much lower.....So you are correct, the rangers are without a doubt the most notable losers in the league. :)

-i was just simply saying they are one marty broduer brain fart away from a cubs type streak...thats all.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
I dont know how much bragging i was doing about our dynasty in my post. I was just saying that people tend to believe the rangers are fools gold every year because...well they are. They have had more success than the islanders and are a bigger household name then the Islanders absolutely...if your ranking the most popular franchises that cant win the big prize...they are at the top of the list, the Islanders are also on that list but much lower.....So you are correct, the rangers are without a doubt the most notable losers in the league. :)

-i was just simply saying they are one marty broduer brain fart away from a cubs type streak...thats all.

Exactly, a Lundqvist injury can ruin their season. It'll be a repeat of last year's Candians, there's nothing to back him up if anything was to happen.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
This game pretty much sums up what this group has done to me this year. I normally have all the Rag$ games circled on my calander...can't get any work done the day of the games....this year I didn't even know they were playing the Rag$ until I saw this thread. For 25 years I have watched intently, rooted for has-beens and never-was' for years...finally after all the nonsense it seemed like we turned a bit of a corner last year. But in true Islander fashion, they come out this year and have ruined the season already....I would be shocked if we even made a semi-run at a wildcard spot at this point. For the first time in 25 years, I am completely uninterested in what this team does. Its sad when I'd rather not watch my favorite sport at all than watch these idiots try to play/coach.

Wow. Really? Man, as bad and disappointing as this season has been, there have been some atrocious teams in the last 25 years. Way worse than this version.

CaptDenisPotvin

Jun 20, 2007
Wow. Really? Man, as bad and disappointing as this season has been, there have been some atrocious teams in the last 25 years. Way worse than this version.

Yes, the Islanders have had some downright disgusting opening night rosters over the years...but I never expected those teams to do anything at all. A good season was seeing if Travis Green or Claude Lepointe could top 20 goals on the year...this was supposed to be another step toward the top this year, we regressed to the bottom of the league. 20 year rebuild, 3 "successful" seasons...back to the bottom of the league...completely deflating. Just hoping its a blip on the screen until Barzel, Ho-Sang etc get their chance but this season has been brutal so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad