Pre-Game Talk: Isles vs Rangers - MSG - Thurs 12/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
How dumb are the people who schedule NHL games...have Islanders-Rangers on a weeknight when one of the NY NFL teams are playing.
The NFL play's on Sundays and Monday also on Thursdays and soon as collage is over they also play Saturdays. So when scheduling an 82 game season I don't think there looking for the Thursday games, Sunday Monday yes.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
They use a computer system to create the schedule based on arena availability, and then tweak it after if possible I believe. If there wasn't a better alternative this is what you get.

Do you really think the NHL doesn't care or is trying to have this happen?
Of course they care, come on now. But I don't think they try hard enough for a league who is the 4th most popular.

Neither team played last night...nor do they play again the rest of the season (ya know, after the NFL season is over).

Whatever, f*** the Rags. Beat them senseless

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
They use a computer system to create the schedule based on arena availability, and then tweak it after if possible I believe. If there wasn't a better alternative this is what you get.

Do you really think the NHL doesn't care or is trying to have this happen?
How is the NHL supposed to account for the Jets being in a playoff hunt in Week 17? Normally the Jets would have shit the season a month ago and this game would be an afterthought for 90% of the people in this market.

How is the NHL supposed to account for the Jets being in a playoff hunt in Week 17? Normally the Jets would have shit the season a month ago and this game would be an afterthought for 90% of the people in this market.
Between this and “how can Isles-Rags be done for the season in December?” (A: Because the league has too many teams) it’s a no-win situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad