Pre-Game Talk: Isles vs Rangers - MSG - Thurs 12/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Isles 17-14

In a surprise move, the teams play Box Lacrosse instead of hockey. When asked why, the two sides couldn't agree on a reason. Drury claimed he was made 'an offer he couldn't refuse' and Lou just smiled. The NHL announced an investigation, led by Robert Mueller. A report is expected in June 2024. The NY Times immediately labeled the move as 'suspiciously like past Russian propaganda'. Keith Olbermann blamed Elon Musk and Elizabeth Warren was angered at the cultural appropriation of her ancestral sport.

Bailey is finally scratched in favor of the Isles Zamboni driver, as Lane noted it worked for the Hurricanes, and he wanted to send a message about Bailey 'lolly-gagging' around the ice. Lane revealed a conversation with Crash Davis led him in this direction and he also stated Annie Savoy suggested Bailey wear garters when back in the lineup and breathe through his eyelids. Bailey asked if he could open his Christmas presents the night before and his wife asked him when he would start with 'the slow, wet kisses'.

Holmstrom scores a hat trick and for good measure moons the fans in attendance. Gerard Gallant is so stunned he leaves the Garden in a taxi, forgetting his car in the parking lot. It's later revealed he'd been let go after the game and the flashback made him freak out.

In a surprise move, MSG announces that the broadcast team (for a simulcast), will be Sam Rosen and Butch Goring. Goring wears Cup rings on four fingers and makes sure to flash them every time Rosen says 'and it's an Islanders goal'. Butch then uses the rings as a brass knucks substitute when the Rangers score, puzzling Ranger fans who hear Rosen's trademark call 'it's a Rang . . . mmph'. Of course, puzzling Ranger fans traditionally starts at learning the alphabet in Pre-K, so few notice the difference.

Rangers' owner Dolan, frustrated at again losing at home to his rival, decides to block all Isles fans on Twitter and also petitions Facebook to block the phrase, "Dolan, the Islanders are su padre". Facebook asks the Biden Admin if it is okay, and they respond with a series of emails revealed by Matt Taibbi. Most read, 'sure, but we need a few thousand for the Big Guy, who truly is su padre'.

This one's too much fun, I might do another tomorrow in this thread.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Recently, the Rags best weapon against the Isles has been Georgiev. For whatever reason, that flopper comes to play against the Isles, as seen last game against Colorado.

With him gone, time to kick their teeth in again. They have been on a mini run primarily due to good timing against struggling or outright bad opponents.

Pitt beat them and, if the Isles can win plus the tough near-term schedule, they can be sent right back into a tailspin again.

The key will be to NOT take penalties (because I am sure Bill Daly will have the refs looking to call anything and everything the first couple periods) but physically manhandle that soft team.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
WISNIEWSKIsmall.gif

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Don't have a good feeling about this one. NYR are rolling, NYI are undermanned. Only hope I have is in Ilya; he played well last game and seems to bring his best against NYR.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I despise Hextall. He sucked somethin awful that year. IIRC he let in a 180 foot dribbler in the playoffs. Fvck him.
Yeah. If it weren't for Hextall we might still be chanting "1940". The NYR basically got a 1st round bye in '94 thanks to him.

Reactions: Big L and danteipp

PJGooch

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah. If it weren't for Hextall we might still be chanting "1940". The NYR basically got a 1st round bye in '94 thanks to him.
Imagine an HF forum in a world where we lose Glenn Healy after the '93 run, watch him go to the Rangers for a Cup, and replace him with a decrepit Ron Hextall.

Reactions: doublechili

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Which one lol?

Jets - Jaguars tonight at MetLife.

I've said the same thing to others and have been responded to in the same way..."who cares" "the NHL doesn't care"...but they should. The other sports dominate them in terms of viewing so why try going up against them? It doesn't make sense.

The Blue Jackets should never play on a Saturday when the Buckeyes are playing, the Stars should never play when the Cowboys are playing, etc. Why limit your audience?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Jets - Jaguars tonight at MetLife.

I've said the same thing to others and have been responded to in the same way..."who cares" "the NHL doesn't care"...but they should. The other sports dominate them in terms of viewing so why try going up against them? It doesn't make sense.

The Blue Jackets should never play on a Saturday when the Buckeyes are playing, the Stars should never play when the Cowboys are playing, etc. Why limit your audience?

With the NFL expanding the amount of days they show games it gets more difficult to avoid. There is also limit availability at some of these arenas and you have to get the games when you can. I'm sure they try to avoid the overlap as much as they can but it's not possible to always avoid it.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
With the NFL expanding the amount of days they show games it gets more difficult to avoid. There is also limit availability at some of these arenas and you have to get the games when you can. I'm sure they try to avoid the overlap as much as they can but it's not possible to always avoid it.
The Jets play on a non-Sunday ONE TIME this NFL season and you have the two NY hockey teams play each other on that same exact night?

That's poor planning for a league who consistently screws things like this up.

islesmb

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2007
Myrtle Beach, SC (from Bellmore)
The Jets play on a non-Sunday ONE TIME this NFL season and you have the two NY hockey teams play each other on that same exact night?

And because the Jets game is streaming only I will have to DVR the Islanders and watch the 2nd and 3rd period after the Jets are over. Normally the Isles take precedence for me...

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
And because the Jets game is streaming only I will have to DVR the Islanders and watch the 2nd and 3rd period after the Jets are over. Normally the Isles take precedence for me...

I've watched enough Jets and Islanders to not spread this night out into 6 hours of torture. Maybe I'll save you the trouble. The Isles will get one goal (from Dobson) and lose and the Jets offense behind Wilson will choke the game away against a surging Lawrenece who will put together only one TD drive against the Jets defense but that will be enough.

• Haha
Reactions: islesmb

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

They use a computer system to create the schedule based on arena availability, and then tweak it after if possible I believe. If there wasn't a better alternative this is what you get.

Do you really think the NHL doesn't care or is trying to have this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA