GDT: Isles Vs Pens 7pm - Last Must Win Game Of Season (Until Next Game)

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Lets hope that Pageau is okay after the fall he had earlier in the first. He did skate off on his own so fingers crossed.

What a whacky game. Isles win but the PK still continues to stink it up. We need to fix that up against Carolina.

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
I'm glad they got the win, and gave Ish a taste of NHL action. Still not convinced he's a full time NHL player but he looked ok. Was also nice to see Palms hit 30 and Holmstrom to get some confidence - I think he'll play some in the Carolina series. Lastly, glad Sorokin got the win and he played fine, but today's game cemented the decision to go with Varly to start the series.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
I'm glad they got the win, and gave Ish a taste of NHL action. Still not convinced he's a full time NHL player but he looked ok.
I’d hope one random meaningless game wouldn’t convince you either way

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I'm glad they got the win, and gave Ish a taste of NHL action. Still not convinced he's a full time NHL player but he looked ok. Was also nice to see Palms hit 30 and Holmstrom to get some confidence - I think he'll play some in the Carolina series. Lastly, glad Sorokin got the win and he played fine, but today's game cemented the decision to go with Varly to start the series.
Ishakov looks slippery. I like him as a bottom 6 dude like Gauthier.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I didn't catch the whole game. but Ish looked good from what I saw. But, not really a representative sample of NHL hockey in this game so definitely taken with a grain of salt.

How's this for a positive season takeaway: the Isles were tied for 11th in regulation losses in the league with 27, ahead of VGK and TBL and just behind TOR, COL and EDM. And in the playoffs, not losing in regulation means you go to OT where anything can happen. Staying positive.

Ishakov looks slippery. I like him as a bottom 6 dude like Gauthier.
Whatever negatives Ish has, he does have a skill set that we're not exactly overflowing with which could mesh with our players.

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
I’d hope one random meaningless game wouldn’t convince you either way
Fair enough - wouldn't write a guy off based on one game; but there's only so much evidence to go on and it might be the only chance to see him in NHL action. Besides, it certainly wasn't meaningless for him. In either case, I didn't notice enough from him to convince me they need to keep him around.

Reactions: Lek

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I will say it was just one game but based on watching Iskhakov tonight, there is no reason he should not be given a chance to make the team next season as a middle 6 minimum salary winger once we clear out Clutterbuck, Martin and Wahlstrom for the payroll. He could give this team an added dimension of speed and offensive creativity.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Roy finished with a 20-12-5 coaching record for the year. He had a .608 win percentage. Pretty damned good.

Weird way to end the season. They go 6-0, then 0-5-1, then 8-0-1 to finish. So 14-5-2 their last 21 games. In a weird roundabout way. It’s always great to head into the playoffs hot, and boy are the Isles hot.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Roy finished with a 20-12-5 coaching record for the year. He had a .608 win percentage. Pretty damned good.

Weird way to end the season. They go 6-0, then 0-5-1, then 8-0-1 to finish. So 14-5-2 their last 21 games. In a weird roundabout way. It’s always great to head into the playoffs hot, and boy are the Isles hot.
Also helps that Roy coached much better than Lambert in about 9 fewer games

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Palms getting 30 is freaking awesome. So happy he was able to stay healthy and produce.

Also if someone said the Isles are in playoffs and Sorokin isn't started, I'd laugh. But Varly got us to the cusp twice before and I trust him in the playoffs. I hope he stays solid.
honestly i feel like Varlamov is the right guy to use against Carolina.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I understand it was a meaningless game, but did anybody else kinda have a ‘why are you challenging this?’ on a guys 30th goal of the season?

And if Sullivan didn’t know before the game, then his spreadsheet GM is beyond dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad