GDT: Isles Vs Pens 7pm - Last Must Win Game Of Season (Until Next Game)

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
are the BP kids playing?
Maggio, Dufour, Ishakov?
We have 11F and 6D from the current roster scheduled for tonight's game.

Meaning there's room for one forward from Bridgeport. So there's a chance one of those three plays, but the call up hasn't been made yet. At least publicly.

1713370601495.png

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
We have 11F and 6D from the current roster scheduled for tonight's game.

Meaning there's room for one forward from Bridgeport. So there's a chance one of those three plays, but the call up hasn't been made yet. At least publicly.

View attachment 853764
That's kind of disappointing. I would've liked to see some of the Bridgeport kids get the call up for tonight.

Reactions: Satan'sIsland81

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
82nd must win game of the season

First ok-to-lose game of the season

Reactions: Lek

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I have to say I completely disagree with Roy and Lou on their approach to tonight's game. Barzal sitting out is obvious because he might have been banged up a bit over the last week. But of all the people to keep out why are we sitting Engvall, Fasching and Aho. Arguable three of the least important players on the team. And if there is an actual reason for those guys not to play why are we not using the two slots that we have available for recalls so we can also sit Horvat and Nelson or Palmieri?
Last night Carolina sat pretty much their top 8 players. I really hope this does not come back to haunt us and somebody like Horvat or Palmieri gets hurt in a game that means absolutely nothing. It also was the perfect opportunity to give a guy like Iskhakov a chance to play in an NHL game and see how it goes.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I’ll be there. It’s a tuneup for Sorokin. No pressure, beat these Pittsburgh clowns.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
I have to say I completely disagree with Roy and Lou on their approach to tonight's game. Barzal sitting out is obvious because he might have been banged up a bit over the last week. But of all the people to keep out why are we sitting Engvall, Fasching and Aho. Arguable three of the least important players on the team. And if there is an actual reason for those guys not to play why are we not using the two slots that we have available for recalls so we can also sit Horvat and Nelson or Palmieri?
Last night Carolina sat pretty much their top 8 players. I really hope this does not come back to haunt us and somebody like Horvat or Palmieri gets hurt in a game that means absolutely nothing. It also was the perfect opportunity to give a guy like Iskhakov a chance to play in an NHL game and see how it goes.
I disagree that Engvall is not important. I actually do not see how we can compete with the Canes if Engvall isn't a factor. As far as why he's sitting, he may be banged up (I did see him throw one body check recently ;) ). Aho has been racking up unusually high minutes recently (and may be called upon to do so again). So that makes sense as well. Fasching has been a healthy scratch half the season so not a huge surprise (though I agree if there's a game you expect him to get, it's this one). Palmieri is one goal away from 30 so gotta figure he wants to go...

Not sure why Horvat and Nelson are playing.

Reactions: Tahoeblue

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Would've liked to see Ishkatov and Gauthier in for Horvat and Nelson tonight. We're going to need max effort from those dudes to have a prayer vs CAR.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
If Roy follows Al Arbours train of thought on goaltending in playoffs, then whomever is playing tonight is starting game 1.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
If Roy follows Al Arbours train of thought on goaltending in playoffs, then whomever is playing tonight is starting game 1.
Fortunately for the goaltenders they won’t have to sit around for 7 days waiting for the next game. Either 4 or 5 days at most.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
You know you suck when you are playing Game 82 after your team clinched. See Wally.

Jesus. Didn't realize they're playing Wahlstrom. That's when you know you've hit rock-bottom as a player...When your team desperately needs scoring during a very tight playoff run and you have an all-world shot, and yet they're playing AHL players over you...Until the games are truly meaningless.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Hopefully at least one of the prospects from Bridgeport plays though knowing Lou it won’t happen. I’m actually surprised they are sitting out that many guys with Lou’s mentality lol

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Good reward for a strong year for him. Would be cool if he stays with the team and practices during the playoffs
Wasn't it reported that he's leaving the team or was that just a rumor? Hopefully him being a Black Ace makes him want to stick around a bit.

Reactions: SI90

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Wasn't it reported that he's leaving the team or was that just a rumor? Hopefully him being a Black Ace makes him want to stick around a bit.
Just a rumor at this point.

But it does seem likely that he would leave for the KHL if he is sent to Bridgeport next season. If he doesn't make the big club at 24 years old, when would he?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Looking forward to seeing how badly Butch butchers Iskhakov’s name. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Lek

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Welcome Ishakov! This should be a good way to see if he gets to stick, or goes to Russia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad