Pre-Game Talk: Isles vs Oilers - Tues, Dec 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Edmonton Oilers at New York Islanders (7:30 p.m. ET; HULU, ESPN+, SNW): Connor McDavid begins the week on a 12-game point streak (seven goals, 21 assists), which includes nine multipoint games. He’s tied for fifth in the NHL in scoring (41 points; 11 goals, 30 assists) after he was 91st (13 points; four goals, nine assists) when the streak began Nov. 20. McDavid has an 11-game assist streak, one shy of the Oilers record (Wayne Gretzky, five times; Paul Coffey, Jari Kurri).

The Islanders are 6-1-2 in their past nine games and 9-2-3 since losing seven in a row (0-4-3) from Nov. 4-16. Mathew Barzal has 18 points (seven goals, 11 assists) in his past 13 games and is averaging 1.10 points per game this season. He is one of three Islanders (Noah Dobson, 1.07; Bo Horvat, 1.03) at a point-per-game pace. Dobson has eight assists in his past four games.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Two hot teams, don't like our chances against McDavid and Draisaitl without Pelech, Pulock and Mayfield tbh. Need Sorokin to stand on his head.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Two hot teams, don't like our chances against McDavid and Draisaitl without Pelech, Pulock and Mayfield tbh. Need Sorokin to stand on his head.
Geez, for Christmas/Hanukkah and as a New Year's resolution, I'd love for a treatment for pessimism.

Edmonton's last 2 games were home losses to Tampa 7-4 and Florida 5-1.

I like our chances a lot more than you do.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
2G, 2D 2F. Revolutionizing the sport in the worst way possible for everyone else :laugh:

Geez, for Christmas/Hanukkah and as a New Year's resolution, I'd love for a treatment for pessimism.

With the way Dobson, Barzal and Horvat are humming? I like us against anyone right now. Might not win but we should be 'in' every game rn.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

I'd nominate myself as a more optimistic person in these parts but our last place PK.. vs these guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad