Pre-Game Talk: Isles vs Maple Leafs (Wednesday, November 13th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Speak for yourself, man! I'm here for the circus.
Yeah I love added drama. Playoffs has it's own hype.

What reason is there to be extra excited for a game on November 13th? Technically nothing, it's so early. Oh vs Judas? And all that story telling that is entertainment in sports that is in the entertainment business?

Yes I'm going to still boo. I'm going to try and bring the whole Leafs into it. Maybe a "Boston owns you" chant. Maybe a "Sixty-Seven!" chant, maybe "First round exits" chant. Whatever, it's all fun. And I still hate John Tavares, still think he's slime. Nothing has changed, he still left us hanging and we still are awesome without him. It's great!

And also, something needs to fill some void here. Tom Wilson and those playoffs were like 4 years ago (though I was in on that Wilson sucks chant when the p***y dove vs Mayfield in the opener) and we kill the Rags and there's no drama in those games and they suck.

Toronto will fill up my love for added excitement with the robot snake named Eor.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Yeah I love added drama. Playoffs has it's own hype.

What reason is there to be extra excited for a game on November 13th? Technically nothing, it's so early. Oh vs Judas? And all that story telling that is entertainment in sports that is in the entertainment business?

Yes I'm going to still boo. I'm going to try and bring the whole Leafs into it. Maybe a "Boston owns you" chant. Maybe a "Sixty-Seven!" chant, maybe "First round exits" chant. Whatever, it's all fun. And I still hate John Tavares, still think he's slime. Nothing has changed, he still left us hanging and we still are awesome without him. It's great!

And also, something needs to fill some void here. Tom Wilson and those playoffs were like 4 years ago (though I was in on that Wilson sucks chant when the ***** dove vs Mayfield in the opener) and we kill the Rags and there's no drama in those games and they suck.

Toronto will fill up my love for added excitement with the robot snake named Eor.
This game has everything. The arrogant heroes vs the hard working underdogs. The team that is the darlings of their country vs a team that is an afterthought in their own city. A heel turn. Some good story lines for a November regular season game.

Vince McMahon would be proud to present this one.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
This game has everything. The arrogant heroes vs the hard working underdogs. The team that is the darlings of their country vs a team that is an afterthought in their own city. A heel turn. Some good story lines for a November regular season game.

Not a huge WWE guy but I love the UFC/MMA, Chael Sonnen would have an excellent breakdown of this.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I’m in the “just win the game” camp. But if you guys could start a “New York Hates You!” Chant, that’d be great. Unfortunately I have to travel for work for this one.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

Nah, we're way too boring...

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018

I can hear the theme from "Rocky" as I read this......

Reactions: MJF and Kevin27NYI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad