Pre-Game Talk: Isles vs Maple Leafs (Wednesday, November 13th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
We just have to play our game, we are a terrible matchup for them. They're marshmallow soft, all skill, no testicles. We are disciplined, structured, and physical. No Marner for them so the lying POS snake robot has to actually drive the play and not play garbageman. Do we sick Barzal on him or Captain Underpants? Brock can take the other one.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
We just have to play our game, we are a terrible matchup for them. They're marshmallow soft, all skill, no testicles. We are disciplined, structured, and physical. No Marner for them so the lying POS snake robot has to actually drive the play and not play garbageman. Do we sick Barzal on him or Captain Underpants? Brock can take the other one.

Careful, Leaf fans are complaining that only their team is singled out as soft. Don't upset the emotion police.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Nylander and Mathews have been lethal. Continue our suffocating ways, I think we got this one. Would like to see Ebs put up some points.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

If Uncle Leo is playing, put him on Pajama Boy and let him chirp that fraud the whole game. To show him we are so confident we don't have to match up.

Heck, make up charity pre-game uni's with 1967 on the back and TML pajamas on the front and auction them off for Peyronies Disease Research . . .

And chant "if JT has Peyronie, Clap Your Hands" . . .

Reactions: PWJunior

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl

Play Barzal vrs Pajama boy. Have fun chasing #13 around all night... LGI!

Reactions: PWJunior

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
If Uncle Leo is playing, put him on Pajama Boy and let him chirp that fraud the whole game. To show him we are so confident we don't have to match up.

Heck, make up charity pre-game uni's with 1967 on the back and TML pajamas on the front and auction them off for Peyronies Disease Research . . .

And chant "if JT has Peyronie, Clap Your Hands" . . .

Barzal would destroy him in a head to head matchup. Barzal also seems to hate that robot so you know he relishes the opportunity to embarrass him. I didn't realize that Barzal is like top-10 in the league in +/- at +12. I know +/- is a garbage stat and all, but it certainly lines up with what most of us are observing about his 2-way game. Neutralize the robot, that line is no threat. He'll be too busy chasing Barzal around anyway. Trotz controls the matchups and the crowd will be all over him, he'll short circuit.

Brock's line is going to have to matchup against Captain Underpants and Nylander. Hopefully Zeeker can go, they have no answer for him and his line.

Reactions: JoeM and mm11

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Barzal would destroy him in a head to head matchup. Barzal also seems to hate that robot so you know he relishes the opportunity to embarrass him. I didn't realize that Barzal is like top-10 in the league in +/- at +12. I know +/- is a garbage stat and all, but it certainly lines up with what most of us are observing about his 2-way game. Neutralize the robot, that line is no threat. He'll be too busy chasing Barzal around anyway. Trotz controls the matchups and the crowd will be all over him, he'll short circuit.

Brock's line is going to have to matchup against Captain Underpants and Nylander. Hopefully Zeeker can go, they have no answer for him and his line.

what is amazing to me, Barzal is getting no ice time when other teams pulls their goalies so no cheap points and his PP points are close to nothing as well. Amazing , talk about a 5x5 player

Reactions: JoeM and PWJunior

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Personally I’d sick Martin on him

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
what is amazing to me, Barzal is getting no ice time when other teams pulls their goalies so no cheap points and his PP points are close to nothing as well. Amazing , talk about a 5x5 player
Barzal's development is a truly amazing thing to witness. We got lucky with him and it seems like he got lucky with Trotz.

As far as the game goes, I'm very meh about it. Been there, done that, got a funny t-shirt. Now all the extra emotion seem just pointless, it's a game like every other. There's a few games I'm way more interested in than this one.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Barzal's development is a truly amazing thing to witness. We got lucky with him and it seems like he got lucky with Trotz.

As far as the game goes, I'm very meh about it. Been there, done that, got a funny t-shirt. Now all the extra emotion seem just pointless, it's a game like every other. There's a few games I'm way more interested in than this one.
Until we win a cup before/without that traitor I will never pass up the opportunity to boo him every time he hits the ice on Long Island

he’s off of my mind when we’re not playing them now. But when we are? The gloves come off

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Same, just win.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Gonna miss this one. Have to go up to Ashokan with our 5th graders for 3 days. Hopefully they have WiFi so I can watch the game on the MSG app

kevynadams42

May 2, 2010

I was at both last year. This seemed to be the prevailing view by the time the second game rolled around. Empty seats, atmosphere nowhere near as tense, etc. Based on ticket availability for tomorrow, seems like it's even more prevailing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad