Pre-Game Talk: Isles v Nashsville

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I'm home 'sick' today after that epic game last night (Jets fan engaged to an Eagles fan, very happy for once). So here is a super early pre-game thread.

Not sure how we've stacked against Nashville as of late, but they are without Forsberg tonight.

Reactions: Bones45

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Isles beat a Columbus team that according to the isles radio announcers, was playing it's 5th game in 7 nights.

Let's see how they do against a talented and rested Nashville team.

Let's go Isles.

france62

Jun 15, 2010
I'll be able to watch this one on TV ....don't know , this one scares me , but you never know with the Islanders hahaha

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
Isles beat a Columbus team that according to the isles radio announcers, was playing it's 5th game in 7 nights.

and we still gave up 49 SOG...............

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Would love to get 2pts any way we can get them to stay in the playoff hunt. That being said, it'll be hard to really feel good about this team if they give up 40+ shots and get significantly outshot and out-attempted as has been the usual result lately.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Would love to get 2pts any way we can get them to stay in the playoff hunt. That being said, it'll be hard to really feel good about this team if they give up 40+ shots and get significantly outshot and out-attempted as has been the usual result lately.
I'd killing for a "boring," defensive, 2-1 win.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
How is Boychuk still not playing? I dont understand what is going on. He has been skating in normal practice for almost three weeks. This is starting to seem sketchy. It is almost like they are intentionally keeping him out in order to put him back in the lineup right before the deadline so Snow can say we didnt need to a defenseman anymore.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Try to keep the Preds to under 40 shots on goal.

LGI

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015

Let's go Isles.

That never fly's for an excuse when the Islanders lose. SMH

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This is not going to be fun. Literally won the last game because Columbus blew up from taking a million shots on goal playing a b2b. Nashville will not have that problem. But of course nothing will change.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
How is Boychuk still not playing? I dont understand what is going on. He has been skating in normal practice for almost three weeks. This is starting to seem sketchy. It is almost like they are intentionally keeping him out in order to put him back in the lineup right before the deadline so Snow can say we didnt need to a defenseman anymore.

Good Grief. I really hope you don't believe what you're spewing. Stick with Griess sucks - at least you have some credibility on that topic.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Nashville is a good team, top to bottom--well coached, deep. Only missing piece is a franchise center. Johanson is nice, Turris is a good 2nd liner, but they both don't cut it. Regardless, I'm a Preds fan.

NYI tend to play them well.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
This team is lucky still to be in the playoff race... win tonight and this has potential to be a big week for the isles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad