Player Discussion: Derick Brassard 2019-20

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
Wrong answer. A successful season is brassard hoisting the cup. The days of pessimism are over! A new era is here, an era of high standards with new ownership, new arena, new coach and new GM, all of HOF caliber.

Every single year I expect this team to compete for the cup and anyone not thinking like that needs to check themselves.

With that being said, I know you were referring to brassard as an individual but I had to jump on this post to make my larger point.

Let's go boys!!!!

Last edited:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Wrong answer. A successful season is brassard hoisting the cup. The days of pessimism are over! A new era is here, an era of high standards with new ownership, new arena, new coach and new GM, all of HOF caliber.

Every single year I expect this team to compete for the cup and anyone not thinking like that needs to check themselves.

With that being said, I know you were referring to brassard as an individual but I had to jump on this post to make my larger point.

Let's go boys!!!!

I love this attitude. You just can't only have that attitude - Their needs to be reality as well. I mean should Senators fans believe/hope/expect the Cup this year. Always root for your team, but honestly sometimes it's better to lose in the short term, get Alexis Lafrenière, and then start having real hope.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I love this attitude. You just can't only have that attitude - Their needs to be reality as well. I mean should Senators fans believe/hope/expect the Cup this year. Always root for your team, but honestly sometimes it's better to lose in the short term, get Alexis Lafrenière, and then start having real hope.
Sounds like a guy that’s gonna leave for Montreal, first chance he gets.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011

Sens fans, HELL no. That would be irrational. Same thing if Isles fans were thinking that during the milbury ear. Irrational. But we aren't the sens and Dilbury is long gone.

We finished top 5 in the regular season, 103 points. We made it to the final 8 of the playoffs.

This is a new era. New Arena just approved, lou HOF GM, trotz jack adams coach. Best goalie coaches in the world mitch korn. Great new owners. What more could we ask for as fans? This is the best time to be an Islanders fans since 1979!!!

Doctor DalGoal4cups has officially diagnosed you with ipds. Islanders Pessimism Derangement Syndrom. It's not really your fault. A lot of isles fans suffer from it. Don't worry. The cure is to google barry trotz, watch highlights from last season, and google "belmont new arena" Do those things 100x over and you'll be cured. The future is looking bright.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise

Let's go boys!!!!

I can't tell whether this is sharp wit or dull wit. Either way, congratulations!

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Sens fans, HELL no. That would be irrational. Same thing if Isles fans were thinking that during the milbury ear. Irrational. But we aren't the sens and Dilbury is long gone.

We finished top 5 in the regular season, 103 points. We made it to the final 8 of the playoffs.

This is a new era. New Arena just approved, lou HOF GM, trotz jack adams coach. Best goalie coaches in the world mitch korn. Great new owners. What more could we ask for as fans? This is the best time to be an Islanders fans since 1979!!!

Doctor DalGoal4cups has officially diagnosed you with ipds. Islanders Pessimism Derangement Syndrom. It's not really your fault. A lot of isles fans suffer from it. Don't worry. The cure is to google barry trotz, watch highlights from last season, and google "belmont new arena" Do those things 100x over and you'll be cured. The future is looking bright.

Listen if your predictions about MDC are right the Isles will be a contender this year. I'm on board.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Brassard has more upside offensively, better skater. From what I understood, brassard had it down to the oilers and isles.

Right before the Brassard signing was released, there were rumors he was headed to Edmonton, either on a PTO or one year deal. I wonder if Lou circled back last minute and upper his offer.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Right before the Brassard signing was released, there were rumors he was headed to Edmonton, either on a PTO or one year deal. I wonder if Lou circled back last minute and upper his offer.

Jeez, if so, how low must it have been in order to actually get him signed at 1.2 MM per???

I mean, heck, this guy was earning 5 MM last season.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Still early, you would like to see more points, but his role is a #3C is to be solid 5 v 5. I think he will get better. Contract is zero risk. Should not be a lightening rod.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
The team is 4-3 and on a winning streak. He'll only get more comfortable here. Just keep rolling him out there and everything will hopefully come together. Considering we are already down a Center, he isn't coming out of the lineup anytime soon.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
He looks OK but I'd be really disappointed if Otto can't beat him out by February. Of course, Otto needs to get healthy first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad