Player Discussion: Derick Brassard 2019-20

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I am fine with this. We needed someone to replace Flip - this is it.

He is only 31 - I could see him having a nice bounce back year under Trotz.

We still need to do something about our top six though. That, or hope like hell Ho Sang and/or MDC get their sh*t together.

Last edited:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I am fine with this. We needed someone to replace Flip - this is it.
He is only 31 - I could see him having a nice bounce back year under Trotz.
We still need to do something about our top six though. That, or hope like hell Ho Sang and/or MDC gets their sh*t together.
Maybe Lou does something about the top 6 before camp. Or maybe he goes into camp and sees how Beau, MDC and JHS look.

Signing a veteran to be 3C tells me they're leaning towards letting Otto marinate a bit more in the AHL. One or more of Beau, MDC and JHS will be on the 3rd line, so now they have a veteran center to play with. If Beau looks good, maybe they have their top 6 wing already. If not, Lou can go shopping. He's just using the time that he has. ;)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just to be clear, this is still a rumor. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I'd be down for a one year deal. Better than slotting Fritz onto this team and having zero depth in back of that.
I agree. However, I am preparing myself for the possibility that they gave him an extra year to close the deal. Having said that, it would probably make sense from his perspective to sign a prove it contract to raise his value back up so hopefully it is just 1 year.

Drive 4 Five

Sep 5, 2006
Like this move a lot if he signs - assuming 1-2 years. Ideally this replaces Filppula's production with slightly younger legs. Allows Otto to continue his development.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Perfectly fine move. I probably like this better than Boyle, if it comes to pass.

But this isn't really moving the needle much. He's better than Fritz though.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
On a 1 year contract I don't mind it. But he has been horrible the last two years. If it's more than a year I don't like this at all.

Reactions: crasherino

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Perfectly fine move. I probably like this better than Boyle, if it comes to pass.

But this isn't really moving the needle much. He's better than Fritz though.

I agree. Better than Boyle, probably equal to or maybe slightly better than Filppula. Doesn't do much else. Status quo for the team so far.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
On a 1 year contract I don't mind it. But he has been horrible the last two years. If it's more than a year I don't like this at all.

He had 46 points two seasons ago, which is 15 more than Filppula got last year. We should be really happy with that. I think he's a bad fit for speedier teams that want to run and gun.

Reactions: dood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad