Isles Rookie & Training Camp Discussion

scott99

May 13, 2005
I saw a pic of Collberg playing in camp against other rookies. I'm really psyched about that, because I thought with his shoulder surgery he'd be out for a while and miss camp, but obviously he's healthy enough to play. I'm excited about the type of skills this kid has, excellent one-timer on the power play, and a wicked wrist shot. Very talented kid, who is probably a slight notch below Dal Colle and Ho-Sang, but he's close.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I saw a pic of Collberg playing in camp against other rookies. I'm really psyched about that, because I thought with his shoulder surgery he'd be out for a while and miss camp, but obviously he's healthy enough to play. I'm excited about the type of skills this kid has, excellent one-timer on the power play, and a wicked wrist shot. Very talented kid, who is probably a slight notch below Dal Colle and Ho-Sang, but he's close.

we could use another RH option. i hope he works out.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere

That is good news that Colleberg appears ready to play when Bridgeport opens their season. Not expecting a first line RW, if he can become a second liner that would be a plus since it looks like there is more depth on the left. Along with JHS if they develop RW becomes strong.

Bridgeport season opener is the same night the Islanders are at Carolina on October 11.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Yeah, here is an idea of what the kid can do, on the powerplay at least. Between him and Pulock, Bridgeport is going to have some options for shooters. Hopefully his 5 on 5 game develops more with a top six role in the AHL this year.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere

Yeah, here is an idea of what the kid can do, on the powerplay at least. Between him and Pulock, Bridgeport is going to have some options for shooters. Hopefully his 5 on 5 game develops more with a top six role in the AHL this year.

Nice highlights, looks like his shot is as advertised.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Like Ho-Sang, he just needs to gain weight (muscle) and hopefully not lose his speed. Though I don't think he has Ho-Sang type of speed.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
While I think Ho-Sang gets sent back to Windsor, I get the feeling he's going to leave a huge impression. Maybe even to the point that management hesitates to send him back.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
While I think Ho-Sang gets sent back to Windsor, I get the feeling he's going to leave a huge impression. Maybe even to the point that management hesitates to send him back.

You keep saying this. :)

But based on who is ahead of him and how many contracts we are already committed to, there is no chance.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Im excited about him as well...I was very high on him in 12' and thought he would be a first rounder...If hes healthy I think he can/will have a nice year for us in Bport...

Hes fast and has a great wrister..

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Can't wait to get a look at Colleberg when Bridgeport makes a road trip upstate. He might get first line minutes with the Sound Tigers and that will be good for him.

Last edited:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I was looking at the Heights and Weights and when I saw Dal Colle's it JUMPED out...

At first I thought it was the usual "fluffing" of attributes but the I looked at Ho-Sang Pokka Pulock and Reinhart and they are all consistent with what they had been...

Dal Colle is list at 6'3 184lbs.... if those are even remotely close then ohh boy hes gonna be solid...

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
You keep saying this. :)

But based on who is ahead of him and how many contracts we are already committed to, there is no chance.

I just want to be that guy who can say, "I told you so." ;)

I'm just kidding. I really like what I see of the kid in terms of skill, desire, and attitude. Being honest does not make one a jerk. I really can't see why so many "experts" are down on his attitude.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
I just want to be that guy who can say, "I told you so." ;)

I'm just kidding. I really like what I see of the kid in terms of skill, desire, and attitude. Being honest does not make one a jerk. I really can't see why so many "experts" are down on his attitude.

Josh, is that you?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

I do like your attitude coming into training camp Josh :D

I doubt any of the 2014 picks will stick, but good outlook.

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=730301
“I know it would be incredibly difficult to stay, but you know, I’m coming in with the mentality to push myself and at least make the decision to send me back to junior really hard,†Ho-Sang said. “[I want to] show them that if I’m not ready now, I’m making the progression and the steps to be ready in the next couple years.â€

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Can't wait to get a look at Colberg when Bridgeport makes a road trip upstate. He might get first line minutes with the Sound Tigers and that will be good for him.

He was less than an afterthought for me originally, but him coming over... gives me some hope. You hear stories about prospects being abused/under used in foreign leagues all the time but it is usually that they just aren't that good. We all get to see this year, and he made the step, a step I wish a certain Russian would make, so he gets my respect for doing at least that much. A desire to improve is the key ingredient to me in rating prospects who are not A list material.

I may just get the AHL package this year to see him and the killer P defense.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
He was less than an afterthought for me originally, but him coming over... gives me some hope. You hear stories about prospects being abused/under used in foreign leagues all the time but it is usually that they just aren't that good. We all get to see this year, and he made the step, a step I wish a certain Russian would make, so he gets my respect for doing at least that much. A desire to improve is the key ingredient to me in rating prospects who are not A list material.

I may just get the AHL package this year to see him and the killer P defense.

As you said APS, after the trade there wasn't much to go on with him for reasons you listed, then he got hurt. Now that he's here he can play and we can follow him. If you have the time and desire to watch the AHL package would be worth having.

When Bridgeport gets up in my area, I will go a few times to watch them in person, last season saw Strome, Lee, Mayfield, ect early in the year, then going again a few months later you could see how much they improved from early on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad