Pre-Game Talk: Isles/Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
No GDT yet, so I figured we can talk here before it's up.

Both teams are playing really well. Stepan and Nash are waking up for the Rags and Lundqvist is looking like himself again.

Going to be a real good test and probably a harder fought game than yesterday.

If we come out as flat as we did against the Flyers we're going to get crushed but we also have the ability to stomp the rangers out real quick. My 2 roommates are an Isles fan and 1 Rangers fan. Gonna be loud!

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Not sure it anyone is a fan of NHL on Facebook. They make KO their cover photo and for whatever reason, rangers fans are taking their shots and acting like they are the ones playing.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
The Isles are in a position where these games are no longer just about the rivalry - considering how terrible they've been against the metro so far, they can say goodbye to any playoff dreams they might have left if they don't win most of the remaining intra-divisional games.

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
Let's see...

Hamonic and Visnovsky are out
The Rangers have won six of their last seven, including a pair of 4-1 wins in their past two starts
Poulin vs. Lundqvist
We had to make a comeback to win a game in a shootout just yesterday
The Islanders are 4-6 when I attend games, and 0-4 this year

All that said, we can do this!

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
We are in for a good game tonight.
I think the rangers will end up with the win but i think it will be a good one.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
due to the snow, prices are dropping on facebook...im thinking about scooping up a few and going? anyone else thinking about it?

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Not sure it anyone is a fan of NHL on Facebook. They make KO their cover photo and for whatever reason, rangers fans are taking their shots and acting like they are the ones playing.

Kyle Falkenstein: Islanders been a nobdy team forever and always will be.... You win a game and pump your chest out like your something special, your the NYI and your a awful team. Flyers are way better and always will be.
Like · Reply · 4 · about an hour ago

Justin Friedman: LOL & your Flyers have really shown since the late 70s they are that much better??? LOL!!!!
Unlike · 2 · about an hour ago

Skylar Lewis: A nobody team forever? Cause, ya know, nobodies win 4 straight Cups. As a Flyers fan, you're the type of idiot that gives Flyer fans a bad name.
Unlike · 3 · about an hour ago

Even Flyers fans know most flyers fans are complete morons

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
A win tonight would give us 49 points - the second wildcard team currently sits at 52. Get a win tonight and we're right in the thick of things.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Weird, Cappy usually likes to have the big guys in vs the Rags. Guess with only Carcillo he doesn't see the need.

Yeah, I figured that Boulton would get a rest as he's played two in a row, but I thought Cark would be in for some policing purposes. But as you suggest, this is as soft a Rags team as they've skated in a long while. Our new enforcer - Colin McDonald - can take of things if necessary. :laugh:

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Yeah, I figured that Boulton would get a rest as he's played two in a row, but I thought Cark would be in for some policing purposes. But as you suggest, this is as soft a Rags team as they've skated in a long while. Our new enforcer - Colin McDonald - can take of things if necessary. :laugh:

Yeah I agree..no need to let the goons out for this game. I'd much rather have sound, smart hockey players in there opposed to carkner who will just allow goals and take bad penalties. Can't afford to give PP's to a hot ranger team right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad