GDT: Isles @ Rangers Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
You know there are serious problems when Hagelin is the best player consistently every game. I don't understand why Richards was allowed to play in the OT if he was benched in the 3rd. Doesn't make any sense at all. What is the message being sent to him or the team???

Exactly. It's easier to single out the goalie though.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
i like hagelin but honestly when you are playing with nash it makes your play a lot easier

Punxrocknyc19*

Guys stop blaming Marty. He played a good game. He only had one bad goal. He made VERY key saves to keep us in the game.

We got a point.

if it wasnt for Biron it would have been 6 or 7-3.. i mean how many times Islanders were left in front of the net waiting for a pass... :help: Rangers need to get tougher. i guess they lost they when they traded Dubinsky Prust :sarcasm::amazed:

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
if it wasnt for Biron it would have been 6 or 7-3.. i mean how many times Islanders were left in front of the net waiting for a pass... :help: Rangers need to get tougher. i guess they lost they when they traded Dubinsky Prust :sarcasm::amazed:

Islanders have one ****ing key player and that he remains not getting rocked by a hit is an anomaly.

Actually, it isn't.

They also play soft against Crosby and Malkin, hence why they have their way with us.

*Bob Richards*

I fail to see how Rupps single goal holds any impact.....on anything.

SupersonicMonkey*

Don't even know what to say about this game. Putrid.

Against a bottom feeder. Blowing a 2 goal lead.

Tortorella again with no substantial answer. Juggle lines. Shorten bench. No adaptation to the game situation. Just grab names out of a hat, throw them on the ice, shorten the bench and wear out guys in the process.

Asham less than 3 minutes. So worth it to scratch Kreider.

Miller, benched after a mistake? What a shock. Great for his confidence. Don't let a young player play through it. Bench his ass! That's the answer!

Don't try to use your head and put players that may actually work well together based on each players skill sets. Instead throw darts at a wall.

Gaborik scored. Now he can go back to hibernating for weeks at a time.

Miller goes back to Hartford I'd guess.

Punxrocknyc19*

Tortorella again with no substantial answer. Juggle lines. Shorten bench. No adaptation to the game situation. Just grab names out of a hat, throw them on the ice, shorten the bench and wear out guys in the process.

Miller, benched after a mistake? What a shock. Great for his confidence. Don't let a young player play through it. Bench his ass! That's the answer!

Don't try to use your head and put players that may actually work well together based on each players skill sets. Instead throw darts at a wall.

can the Rangers send Richards on a conditioning stint??

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012

I would put Richards on the third line for 2 reasons. It would mtoivate him and it will actually help kreider and have someone who can set him up at the net

SupersonicMonkey*

I would put Richards on the third line for 2 reasons. It would mtoivate him and it will actually help kreider and have someone who can set him up at the net

Last year, Richards went into a funk. Tortorella demoted Richards to the third line. I don't recall for how long.

Eventually, Callahan assisted him in coming out of the funk. If I recall correctly.

So it makes sense.

SupersonicMonkey*

Rupp could score 20+ goals and I'd still be glad he's not a Ranger anymore.

Couldn't stand him. Slow. Stone hands. 5 minutes ATOI. Overpaid. Combined with his self absorbed BS during the lockout.

Getting Powe for him is a steal. Powe has been everything Rupp isn't; useful.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
give it a rest with Gaborik already, isn't it enough he scores 40g, and score again tonight.

It seems like he only creates one scoring chance and then disappears. I'm not expecting him to score night in and night out but he doesn't turn it up a notch.

Nash, now, he isn't putting pucks in the net but he's definitely giving the opposing team fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia