Nobody likes a quitter

He is a failure to his namesake

Though the Brandon Wheat Kings GM and coach said they would welcome his return

Last edited:

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Just wondering if he is still involved with the game of hockey on any level.

i have absolutely no insight, but i wouldnt be shocked if next year he realizes he made a huge mistake after working a dead end job and realizing the real life isnt as cool as being an aspiring professional hockey player....probably ruined his chance of ever becoming an NHLer though

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Just wondering if he is still involved with the game of hockey on any level.

Have listened to a few Wheat Kings games, Pilon's name has not been mentioned once since he left the team. Does not sound like he's coming back this year, possibly for good.

Last edited:

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Big move for the Niagara Ice Dogs improving their goalrending dealing Brent Moran and several picks to Flint for Alex Nedeljkovic and D John Wesley.

The eastern conference of the OHL like wide open.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Big move for the Niagara Ice Dogs improving their goalrending dealing Brent Moran and several picks to Flint for Alex Nedeljkovic and D John Wesley.

The eastern conference of the OHL like wide open.

Interesting. I know Nedeljkovic is supposed to be a very good goalie, but I thought Moran was thought of almost as highly.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
He quit. Why would he be around

I am guessing some(such as myself) thought he would rethink his quitting like 3 months after the fact. Not saying I expected him to come back but I wouldn't be surprised if he did

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Former Islanders prospect Anders Nilsson has been playing very well for the Oilers this season, so far looking to take the starting job from Cam Talbot.

As if Islanders fans didn't have enough BS from Oilers fans when they got Reinhart, now there's this:

Anyone catch what Woodley said about the Isles 'not really believing in goalie coaches, rather just let them figure it out?'

Eeesh.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1987539&page=9

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Interesting. I know Nedeljkovic is supposed to be a very good goalie, but I thought Moran was thought of almost as highly.

Very good upgrade for Niagara, can't say that Moran has improved since he was drafted. Nedeljkovic has played well on some weak Plymouth (now Flint) teams. With the OHL east so wide open Niagara could have a decent run.

Can't wait to see what the three power teams in the western conference does.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
I hope they realize Nilsson wasn't just dumped for nothing.
Maybe they don't even realize they didn't get Nilsson from the Islanders directly? I think in some Oilers fans' minds, Nilsson was rescued along with Reinhart during a midnight raid from the grips of the Isles detrimental development system. :laugh:

I don't understand why some of these negative things are coming from Oilers' reporters/fans in regards to former Islanders prospects. It's as if they need to blame the Isles development system in order to make theirs look better? It's not just that, but the reporter (link is on the previous page) made a claim stating the Isles and Garth Snow don't believe in goalie coaches... the goalie prospects are left to figure it out on their own and that didn't work for Nilsson. Hello, Mike Dunham anyone? It's so out there and beyond ridiculous it's comical.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Maybe they don't even realize they didn't get Nilsson from the Islanders directly? I think in some Oilers fans' minds, Nilsson was rescued along with Reinhart during a midnight raid from the grips of the Isles detrimental development system. :laugh:

I don't understand why some of these negative things are coming from Oilers' reporters/fans in regards to former Islanders prospects. It's as if they need to blame the Isles development system in order to make theirs look better? It's not just that, but the reporter (link is on the previous page) made a claim stating the Isles and Garth Snow don't believe in goalie coaches... the goalie prospects are left to figure it out on their own and that didn't work for Nilsson. Hello, Mike Dunham anyone? It's so out there and beyond ridiculous it's comical.

Because the Oilers are so great at player development

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

Who cares, Barzal will likely be a way better player than Reinhart. Reinhart is far to slow to ever be a top pairing defenseman, he still can't hold down a spot on the worst team in the nhl. He was surpassed by Mayfield, Pulock, and maybe even Pelech. He was given plenty of time to develop on a stacked junior team and he just never improved his flaws. I have no ill will towards Reinhart, one day he may be a decent #4 or 5 defenseman, but that is still some time away. Barzal will likely make an impact in the NHL earlier than Reinhart, and Barzal's impact will likely be much bigger. The Islanders got 2 kids that are tearing the CHL up for a struggling defensive prospect, I will take that trade any day.

As for Nilsson good for him, goalies are a crap shoot, any of them could turn out to be great and most turn into duds. Nilsson may end up being a decent starter, but I don't see him ever being a top 5 goalie, at best he will be a Bishop type, not a goalie that will carry a team to the cup.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

You've got to feel good about something when you live in the arctic and still can't win with what, four 1st rounders. :naughty:

Sorge Georos

Apr 28, 2009
LI
i have absolutely no insight, but i wouldnt be shocked if next year he realizes he made a huge mistake after working a dead end job and realizing the real life isnt as cool as being an aspiring professional hockey player....probably ruined his chance of ever becoming an NHLer though

Why assume a 19 year old kid who grew up in a hockey family has a dead end job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad