Pre-Game Talk: Isles-Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
We’re now a 2 line team. Hopefully something lights a fire under Nelson.

To be fair to Nelson, it is hard to put up pts playing with less skilled linemates.

Let's go islanders.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Sensing a long losing streak coming. This team needs more then just a little shakeup. There are to many passengers on this team. Bernier is not an NHL player.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Sensing a long losing streak coming. This team needs more then just a little shakeup. There are to many passengers on this team. Bernier is not an NHL player.
Weight is going down the Capuano path of playing low skill grinders because they’re “safe”. This team isn’t going anywhere if Garth continues to sit on his hands.

Reactions: MJF

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
I'm with all of the folks calling for Brad Richardson or a similar bottom 6-type player in exchange for a 3rd or 4th-round pick.

It's mind-numbing how Chimera is still in this lineup. He's useless.

To all the people who thought Cool Lemon was also useless: Have your opinions changed? I'd love to know our PK% since his injury. He is missed in this lineup.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I don’t even think they’re passengers. Guys like Chimera, Bernier, Clutterbuck just don’t produce. Beauvilier could use a month in the AHL playing on a first line.

Reactions: YesCubed

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Meh, call me crazy but the skilled young guys were not getting it done lately and if you take a look at the GDT's everybody is almost agreeing in the point that the team needs to play better. Not sure I agree with blaming this on the offense, but the third line does interest me a little, and the fourth line has some speed to it.

I trust Weight and believe he is making some decisions here that needed to be made. Quine and JHS really were not doing much for the team as of late, why not give some other guys a look? If this lineup results in some more team defense and gives the team more wins we should be happy.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I like the lineup myself, I'm in complete agreement with Dougie that some more mash, meats and potatoes and other cool buzzwords that describe hard work and grit is needed. The goals against in part is because guys don't want to outwork the other team defensively.

Good offense is a good defense yadayadayada is nice but sometimes the offense isn't there. Ho-Sang is a better player than Steve Bernier in terms of just playing hockey but in the NHL it isn't a shinny game.

I hope this lights a fire under the bottom 6, Nelson and Beau are going to be working with some really good role players, Chimmer needs to get going here. Cizikas and Clutterbuck are third liners in their own rights so this is fine.

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
To all the people who thought Cool Lemon was also useless: Have your opinions changed? I'd love to know our PK% since his injury. He is missed in this lineup.

Kulemin clearly lost a step this year and yet he was still 999999x more effective and useful than Chimera

They're going to squeak out a win against a tired Kings team and keep this lineup for the next month. Maybe Beau comes out for Quine

Last edited:

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Really 4th line substitutions will make a small dent in things. The problem is D and G; also the D responsibility of the forwards.

Interested to see Nelson with two ‘meat and potatoes’ linemates.

Hoping Quick played last night but me thinks teams will no longer save their backups for the Isles.

Edit: Quick did play last night.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Really 4th line substitutions will make a small dent in things. The problem is D and G; also the D responsibility of the forwards.

Interested to see Nelson with two ‘meat and potatoes’ linemates.

Hoping Quick played last night but me thinks teams will no longer save their backups for the Isles.

Edit: Quick did play last night.

Yea he should be go well as the accompanying side fruit salad.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I really do not understand the reasoning of the Islanders to put Beauvillier on a fourth line with frankly mediocre players. What is the idea? How is it that since he became professional, we are not able to give Beauvillier a role for which he has been draft? That is to say, an offensive role. If he is not ready to play this role in the National League, it seems to me that it should not be complicated: you send him to the American league. As I already mentioned elsewhere, I see only the positive to do that: better ice time, PP, 4on4, 3on3, all match situations in which he can finally be used. He will be able to develop his offensive game adequately.

Some here seem disappointed with Beauvillier. It's not my case. That player was rushing ahead of his time in the NHL, obviously not physically ready, and under those circumstances, I find he's doing pretty well. I am personally much more disappointed with the Islanders who really do not seem to know what to do with him. I don't see why it's complicated for them: American League and hurry!

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
i think this lineup might work, at least against the heavier teams that we play.

dood? I used to follow the Islanders exclusively, this could be the softest NYI team ever. Don't let regular season fool you, there is literally no chance the Isles could get past any team with Grit in a P/O, those days are gone for now.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
dood? I used to follow the Islanders exclusively, this could be the softest NYI team ever. Don't let regular season fool you, there is literally no chance the Isles could get past any team with Grit in a P/O, those days are gone for now.
Yeah because the Penguins had so much grit and tuffness the past 2 years.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
There is an insane amount of unsold seats looking at the ticketmaster interactive chart, how is this possible if the Islanders are a good team, there is a young phenom in Barzal, the Kings are a worthy opponent and oh yeah this is a rare Saturday night home game which we complained about lacking so much in the previous years, it is insane that tonight is not going to be a packed house much less probably barely breaking the 10,000 figure, I have no idea how this is possible, I am guessing the move back to Long Island where the fans also stayed away is the answer to our prayers, I have no idea how a game like tonight is not going to be a packed house, are there really very little Islander fans around? haven't we sold out before? how come the attendance is going to be awful?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I'm so confused...people are now against sending JHS down??

JHS needs to adjust his play to be more effective. It's not the amount of mistakes he's made, it's how his mistakes affect the outcome of the game. These aren't shift errors or small things...these are mistakes that define a loss. This cannot happen at any level of play.

Is he a bad player? no..he just needs more practice....and while everyone wants to win the cup..we can't do it with JHS..not yet

Bernier? Well, dude is not gonna rip it up, split the defence, rush the puck or even take an OT shot.. What Bernier brings is a little simplicity, hunger and he's already made his rookie mistakes...he's what we call predictable. WE know what we are getting..We know what to expect from him every shift.

Let the guy play...Weight's not stupid...he's seen these guys play more than us by 100 Square Miles.

Reactions: YearlyLottery
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad