Proposal: Isles jackets prospect swap

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Dont think so but hasnt lived up to what jackets were hoping for i guess. Im an isles fan so i like the idea of getting him even if isles through in another small plus
No I get ya I thought for a second you were a Columbus fan who slam dunk wanted to make that trade lol

Milano looks to be more talented than MDC

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Dont think so but hasnt lived up to what jackets were hoping for i guess. Im an isles fan so i like the idea of getting him even if isles through in another small plus
I wouldn't say that. Milano has always been a boom bust player. Torts is making Milano play on both sides of the ice. If he wanted to he could unleash him and give him a ton of PP time and offensive starts. But I think he scares torts too much to play him a lot.

This will be a BIG season for Milano, there's a lot of talent that's going to be pushing for a spot and he's gotta solidify himself in the roster or he's gonna lose his spot.

Reactions: Xoggz22

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
That's not bad from a Jackets perspective.

I was thinking along the lines of:
Dubinsky
Milano
2019 First

For

Nelson

Yours is close to that, minus the cap offset from Clutterbuck and the inclusion of Harrington and MDC + 2nd.

Why the Jackets do that:
It moves Dubinsky's cap and replaces him with Nelson who is an RFA and a bit younger. The big risk is if they lose Panarin and/or Bob and end up missing the playoffs, that 2019 1st would be quite valuable. However, I think Dubois, Wennberg, Nelson, Nash down the middle is pretty solid.

Why Islanders do that:
They get Milano and a 2019 1st (unprotected). I think given adequate opportunity Milano could play a good top-6 role similar to Grabner. I think his game would match Barzal's well. Also, Dubinsky is serviceable in the 3rd or 4th line center role albeit overpaid and north of 30. The Islanders would have to essentially eat his cap for the next 3 years so that's the biggest downside. If they have big plans for their cap in the near future then it'd be a no-go.

Dubinsky has an NMC but he may waive to play under Trotz and used to live in NYC.

Nelson is an RFA but honestly I think re-signing him would be easy for either team.
This works as well

Reactions: xECK29x

MattyW

Jul 28, 2005
Strong Island

Dubinsky
Milano
2019 First

For

Nelson

Wait a minute? You're a CBJ fan? And you're willing to trade Columbus' 2019 1st unprotected (AND Dubinsky and Milano) for Brock f'n Nelson?! Where do I sign up??

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Wait a minute? You're a CBJ fan? And you're willing to trade Columbus' 2019 1st unprotected (AND Dubinsky and Milano) for Brock f'n Nelson?! Where do I sign up??
I don't speak for other CBJ fans. Personally, I think the Jackets make the playoffs again next season and so the pick will be later in the 1st. I also do not think Milano has a breakthrough season unless / until he's traded. Of course, if the team drops Panarin and/or Bobrovsky then the whole scene drastically changes.

Dubinsky makes almost $6 million and has an NTC for the next 3 years. He's 32 years old and is coming off a horrid year.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I don't speak for other CBJ fans. Personally, I think the Jackets make the playoffs again next season and so the pick will be later in the 1st. I also do not think Milano has a breakthrough season unless / until he's traded. Of course, if the team drops Panarin and/or Bobrovsky then the whole scene drastically changes.

Dubinsky makes almost $6 million and has an NTC for the next 3 years. He's 32 years old and is coming off a horrid year.

no worriescrede yo and Viqsi are always fair. I dont mind this because by the time the new arena opens Dubinsky should be gone, so roster wise it makes sense

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Nelson + Dal Colle + Mayfield for Murray + Milano
MMmmmaybe. I'm kind of attached to Murray myself, but that could work surprisingly well.

* * *​
Personally, I flinch at the idea of including the 1st and would want to do a different pick conditional on whether or not Nelson rebounds to his 16-17 form.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Milano fills absolutely no need for the Islanders(we don't need yet another LW) so I much rather just take my chances no matter how long shot they are that the 2nd rounder ends up a serviceable player

Reactions: PWJunior

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Dubinsky
Milano
2019 First

For

Nelson

Yours is close to that, minus the cap offset from Clutterbuck and the inclusion of Harrington and MDC + 2nd.

Why the Jackets do that:
It moves Dubinsky's cap and replaces him with Nelson who is an RFA and a bit younger. The big risk is if they lose Panarin and/or Bob and end up missing the playoffs, that 2019 1st would be quite valuable. However, I think Dubois, Wennberg, Nelson, Nash down the middle is pretty solid.

Why Islanders do that:
They get Milano and a 2019 1st (unprotected). I think given adequate opportunity Milano could play a good top-6 role similar to Grabner. I think his game would match Barzal's well. Also, Dubinsky is serviceable in the 3rd or 4th line center role albeit overpaid and north of 30. The Islanders would have to essentially eat his cap for the next 3 years so that's the biggest downside. If they have big plans for their cap in the near future then it'd be a no-go.

Dubinsky has an NMC but he may waive to play under Trotz and used to live in NYC.

Nelson is an RFA but honestly I think re-signing him would be easy for either team.

I think every Islander's fan on earth would make this trade, and that's with the fact that Dubinksy is probably already an Andrew Ladd type. Think you might get some pushback from your own fanbase though, but I understand why you are doing it as Bob and Panarin are must retains.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I doubt Jackets would actually have interest in Brock Nelson. I don't think Torts would give him a lot of minutes - he'd be like a 4th liner at 5v5, and that's not worth it.

As an isles fan I would like to know why the 22 year old Milano in his first real NHL season and also seemed to have success needs a change of scenery . Is it attitude ? He has scored more goals in 55 games this past season than MDC may score ever

LGI

He just needs minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad