Rumor: Isles Inquire With Bruins, Hawks, Flyers About Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Boston is $800,000 over the cap.
Even putting Savard on LTIR and getting his $4m freed up, won't be enough to get both Krug and Smith signed.
It might not be Boychuk who gets moved, but the Bruins GM is going to have to dump someone to free up salary.

If Snow's kicked the tires on a possible Boychuk trade, knowing that Boston can't take much salary back, I think it's a safe to say the isles had to be willing to move cheap, younger players and add to the payroll.

Yeah I know, but every time I think we have a team by the balls they manage to pull a loophole maneuver and skirt the disaster. :cry:

I am losing hope that we can get the piece we need on defense because of this. So we have to wait the extra years for our defensive prospects to develop before we can get the #1 we need. If we are lucky for one of them to be a #1, that is.

michaelrc51

Jul 6, 2011
Yeah I know, but every time I think we have a team by the balls they manage to pull a loophole maneuver and skirt the disaster. :cry:

I am losing hope that we can get the piece we need on defense because of this. So we have to wait the extra years for our defensive prospects to develop before we can get the #1 we need. If we are lucky for one of them to be a #1, that is.

This is also how I see things playing out.
But, the question is will anyone of our guys be a true #1?
I love Hammer but as good as he is I would still rather pick up a true #1. The only help we have right now is the "stacked" offense, we have too many pieces right now. I can't see us keeping everyone but I don't see Garth getting a true Dman piece to the puzzle. I think now is the time to acquire that piece but at what cost?

If he did though this would be an epic off season!

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

I am not sure Boychuk is the Bruin who gets moved.

If I was a B's fan, I'd rather keep Boychuk for 1 more yr, make another cup run, even knowing he would likely leave as a ufa in July 2015.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Is Boychuk worth giving up an A prospect for? I mean, how much are we willing to move for him. I don't think he's worth an A prospect, but I imagine that's where the conversation starts for the Bruins. I guess I just don't know enough about him, but certainly only having 1 year left does not make him worth an A level prospect am I right?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Is Boychuk worth giving up an A prospect for? I mean, how much are we willing to move for him. I don't think he's worth an A prospect, but I imagine that's where the conversation starts for the Bruins. I guess I just don't know enough about him, but certainly only having 1 year left does not make him worth an A level prospect am I right?

Snow is not doing his job if he does not contact each of these cap crunched teams and see if there is a deal to be made.

I don't think a yr of Boychuk is worth an A prospect and with Boychuk's strong ties to Boston and Edmonton, I don't buy the argument that it would be no problem to sign Boychuk to an extension.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
you can sign Henrik Tallinder for free (given pto by leafs who wont need him)

I think he'd be a really good fit to play alongside Reinhart during his rook season.

could care less who requires waiving to make room for tallinder-reinhart pairing

dehaan-hamonic
strait-hickey
tallinder-reino
vis--likely injured
carkner--depth

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada

boston may not receive an A type asset for Boychuck but its probably going to be whoever offers the most attractive b-level pkg that could get it done .

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Re: Bailey - Let's hope....

"And there’s likely to be a team out there that believes it can unlock Bailey’s full potential. His $3.3 million contract may be high for a 38-point scorer, but at least he’s locked up for four years – a team that believes in him will find value in that. GM Garth Snow has stood behind his core of players (sometimes stubbornly) but the defensive need is so great and the pressure so high for this team to move forward that something has to happen this year."

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/top-10-trade-candidates-for-2014-15/

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
you can sign Henrik Tallinder for free (given pto by leafs who wont need him)

I think he'd be a really good fit to play alongside Reinhart during his rook season.

could care less who requires waiving to make room for tallinder-reinhart pairing

dehaan-hamonic
strait-hickey
tallinder-reino
vis--likely injured
carkner--depth

not a bad idea. get him and Morris and call it a day :)

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Re: Bailey - Let's hope....

"And there’s likely to be a team out there that believes it can unlock Bailey’s full potential. His $3.3 million contract may be high for a 38-point scorer, but at least he’s locked up for four years – a team that believes in him will find value in that. GM Garth Snow has stood behind his core of players (sometimes stubbornly) but the defensive need is so great and the pressure so high for this team to move forward that something has to happen this year."

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/top-10-trade-candidates-for-2014-15/

leading up to the draft it was written that snow could trade bailey for peanuts but wasnt willing to .

so theres interest out there , but for minimal return

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
leading up to the draft it was written that snow could trade bailey for peanuts but wasnt willing to .

I wish we knew which teams made offers for Bailey.

The only team that has been identified is Edmonton. I am hoping they stumble out the gate and are willing to up their offer. Like the isles, they are under some pressure from their fans and local media to show progress, ice a playoff team.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Staple just responded to my question about Boychuk and Oduya..

@StapeNewsday Do u get the feeling that teams like BOS & CHI are putting too high of a price tag on guys like Boychuk/Oduya, or not avail?

https://twitter.com/Mermousse/status/511239795801325568

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 9m
@Mermousse Little of both. Would take a big offer. Have to think BOS/CHI trying to figure out ways to keep D intact.

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/status/511253066113634304

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here

....he would be a part of a bigger package, i.e. Grabner, etc

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Thanks for doing that Seafoam! Very informative.

I agree with Staple.

I was expecting you to roast me for thinking these guys were available. ;)

But really, I'm super interested to see how these two teams handle their cap situations, especially Boston. Their forward group has lost some depth (which is what has made them good), and they are currently without their top offensive defenseman.

Between them and Columbus possibly going into the season without Johansen, the East may be open than we think.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
I was expecting you to roast me for thinking these guys were available. ;)

But really, I'm super interested to see how these two teams handle their cap situations, especially Boston. Their forward group has lost some depth (which is what has made them good), and they are currently without their top offensive defenseman.

Between them and Columbus possibly going into the season without Johansen, the East may be open than we think.

Seafoam, your logic has always been reasonable and informed. And, Staple is a smart, careful reporter but he is not a GM. Truth is that we don't know what is going to happen and you can still prove to be correct.

Besides, can't roast you anyway. I have too much respect for your opinion.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Didn't Staple say we were likely to trade our draft pick? I don't buy him, he isn't the GM the only one that knows whats going on is Garth Snow himself

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
Didn't Staple say we were likely to trade our draft pick? I don't buy him, he isn't the GM the only one that knows whats going on is Garth Snow himself

He didn't say that the Isles would definitely trade the pick. He basically tweeted that this is what he thought would happen but he also admitted he had no hard evidence. in other words, he was speculating and admitted as such.

Not that I disagree with your basic sentiment thought. Only the front office knows what is about to happen.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
A Bruins fan is posting, that both the isles and Oilers have made solid offers for a SIGNED Boychuk.
Has anyone read or heard anything about Snow putting an offer on the table? Who is part of his offer?

Last edited:

DPSNAGS

Dec 3, 2007
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...point-im-going-to-have-to-trade-a-defenseman/

Chiarelli officially says hes going to have to trade a dman at some point. I believe alot of teams will be looking at boychuck. I see Boychuck, Mcquaid or Bartowski as the candidates. Obviously this has been discussed over and over again but I would love to see Boychuck start the season with us. Hes exactly what we need in so many ways and would complete the offseason needed to push this team to the next level

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007

The pick was out there for a top six upgrade or a top 4 d-man, and nobody budged on the players Garth wanted.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Can't imagine the haul Boston would get for a signed Boychuk. Lee would definitely be going the other way, plus picks and more prospects.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Boychuk would really solidify our corps behind Hamo and de Haan. Ptrovide stability when it comes down to the nitty gritty times with leadership and is the quality depth needed for when there are injuries.

I will cry like a little girl though if we trade Lee for him. Sorry, got a man crush on the size and power Lee brings.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Boychuk would really solidify our corps behind Hamo and de Haan. Ptrovide stability when it comes down to the nitty gritty times with leadership and is the quality depth needed for when there are injuries.

I will cry like a little girl though if we trade Lee for him. Sorry, got a man crush on the size and power Lee brings.

Plus, you know how good Lee would be in Boston? He fits that team like a glove and we'll never hear the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad