Pre-Game Talk: Isles-Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Halak in goal. Hickey in for Seidenberg. Prince in. Quine and Beauvillier out. Nelson centers.

Ryan Miller the likely starter for the Ducks.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
I think they come out flying tonight. And I feel more confident w halak between the pipes.

Halak needs a Monster, Red Bull, pre-workout, or whatever before the game. His lapses have always lead to some beachball type goals. I think they will come out quicker tonight, and lately they have done pretty well against the West.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
I think they come out flying tonight. And I feel more confident w halak between the pipes.

They came out flying on tuesday too. Halak lets up at LEAST one softy a night. Ducks had like 45 shots on the Rags the other night after playing the night before. I can see us losing like 5-3. Our D and Goaltending just isnt NHL quality.

Reactions: BillD

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I wonder what the Islanders are waiting to send Beauvillier to Bridgeport. Either he plays on a 4th line with mediocre players, with obviously no offensive opportunity that comes with it, or he is cut off from the line-up. What is the point?

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY

I have zero confidence in either goalie right now in fact I'm more confident he let's up a goal from center ice than a shutout. Love to see him take this opportunity and run with it, he's playing for a contract in the NHL next year so he should be motivated.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Weight’s putting in a lineup that has Bernier, Prince and Chimera in it. Isn’t anybody bothered by this?

Reactions: Eberzal

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Weight’s putting in a lineup that has Bernier, Prince and Chimera in it. Isn’t anybody bothered by this?

I'm bothered that NYI can't get a role playing bottom-6 forward. That's on Snow.

Weight is working with what he's got. The people Bernier and Prince are replacing (Tito, Ho-Sang, Quine) haven't been answers either.

For the record, I'd bring up Toews, drop Bernier, and play 7D.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
they got Getzlaf back, different team with him in the lineup - Anaheim is a good team, this game worries me. Hopefully the team comes out with a spirited first 10 minutes and gets a goal or two. Getz will be all over Tavares and I think JT loves the challenge. He was a beat against Kopitar-Doughty, prob the two toughest players to play against in the NHL (if you're a centre)

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I'm bothered that NYI can't get a role playing bottom-6 forward. That's on Snow.

Weight is working with what he's got. The people Bernier and Prince are replacing (Tito, Ho-Sang, Quine) haven't been answers either.

For the record, I'd bring up Toews, drop Bernier, and play 7D.
I see no upside in running Bernier or Prince out there. Prince can skate but he can’t finish. Bernier will go to the front of the net but doesn’t drive offense. I’d rather keep trying it with Tito and Ho-Sang, but yeah we need a bottom 6 center.

Reactions: dano16

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
They have to win this game. December has been a disaster. The wings lose was a disaster and they cant afford to keep losing games or they will be on the outside looking in the rest of the way. The schedule doesn't get any easier and the teams in front of us dont lose to the wings at home.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
I see no upside in running Bernier or Prince out there. Prince can skate but he can’t finish. Bernier will go to the front of the net but doesn’t drive offense. I’d rather keep trying it with Tito and Ho-Sang, but yeah we need a bottom 6 center.

And Tito and Ho Sang CAN finish? :huh:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
And Tito and Ho Sang CAN finish? :huh:
As big a mess as Ho-Sang has been he still has 12 points which is tied for 8th in team scoring. Beauvillier we’ve seen more productive than this. Again I’m in favor of talent playing over useless plugs.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
As big a mess as Ho-Sang has been he still has 12 points which is tied for 8th in team scoring. Beauvillier we’ve seen more productive than this. Again I’m in favor of talent playing over useless plugs.

You can blow on Beau and he falls down, hes useless. JHS hurt us exponentially more than he helps us. Let prince go out there and skate hard and see what happens. We've been playing terrible I have no problem mixing it up. When its broke, you fix it, and its been broken this month without a doubt.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
You can blow on Beau and he falls down, hes useless. JHS hurt us exponentially more than he helps us. Let prince go out there and skate hard and see what happens. We've been playing terrible I have no problem mixing it up. When its broke, you fix it, and its been broken this month without a doubt.
This isn’t a fix. It’s a leaky patch job. And JHS hasn’t hurt us any more or less than the rest of the team playing now. Did you see the game on Tuesday? Dreadful team defense.

Reactions: dano16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad