Confirmed with Link: Isles Claim Mike Reilly

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Idk why he is fitting here vs other places, maybe a good combo of fitting in with the players and being comfortable and also playing for his next contract

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Idk why he is fitting here vs other places, maybe a good combo of fitting in with the players and being comfortable and also playing for his next contract
I think the islanders are an easy team to play for. It’s just the 3rd period where they have to protect a lead gets them confused.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I love this guy . He’s 30 and only played 350 ish games . Certainly not burnt out yet . Come on Lou ( not 7 years please ) but offer this guy 3 x 1.5 right now like tonight please.

when Johnny Boychuk played his 30 year old season he only had about 320 NHL games. Mark Streit only played 220 NHL games same age .

sign this kid up for a couple yearrs

Reactions: islesmb

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Reilly is a very welcome addition. Not great but super good for a team that needed speed.

Suffolkbull3

Apr 27, 2016
i have to say i am becoming a pretty big fan of this guy…. i love the way he skates with the puck, i love the way he jumps up on the play in the offensive end.. i just dont understand why no team claimed him?!?! he had a momentary lapse when he gave the breakaway up vs the kings but other than that hes been pretty damn solid! im thinking this is what they were looking to get out of aho?

Symon Asher

Sep 13, 2011
Great Skater. Seems to be out of position in the defensive zone. Looks like he is playing man to man while the rest of the team is playing zone defense

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island
Reilly has bounced around quite a bit but he's been relatively solid at each stop. His skill set is something this team and defensive core were lacking and hopefully, Lane will continue to play him when they get healthy.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Bruins fan coming in peace. Glad to see Reilly is working out for you guys.

He looked great with the Bruins after the deadline, signed 3x3 and went downhill from there.

He is great with the puck on his stick, the concern has always been in his own end. Saw a post above about him getting lost in coverage, that happened a lot and when defending he took a lot of stick infraction penalties with us.

Either way seems like a nice value pickup for you guys, glad he’s doing well and not buried in the AHL.

Btw you guys got a horse in Dobson

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

He looked great with the Bruins after the deadline, signed 3x3 and went downhill from there.

He is great with the puck on his stick, the concern has always been in his own end. Saw a post above about him getting lost in coverage, that happened a lot and when defending he took a lot of stick infraction penalties with us.

Either way seems like a nice value pickup for you guys, glad he’s doing well and not buried in the AHL.

He’s exactly what the doc ordered and even if he does revert back, once Mayfield, Pulock and Pelech come back he’s the 6th guy anyway and you deal with that 6th guy taking lumps anyway. Just the fact that we’re down guys and he’s stepping up now makes it all worth it

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

I wanted to give you a second "like" for your avatar. It's outrageous, egregious and preposterous.

• Haha
Reactions: The National

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad